Our Cranberry and Stilton scones are deliciously festive savoury scones. Soft fluffy scones, peppered with cranberries and gooey melted Stilton. Best eaten still warm and perfect alongside a glass of red wine to kick off a festive evening.
Not only are our Cranberry and Stilton scones super festive but they’re really easy to make and cook in just 10 minutes, so you could knock together a batch of these at the last minute, with no faff or trouble.
Deliciously festive savoury scones
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g butter (room temperature)
- 80g Stilton or other blue cheese - crumbled into small pieces.
- 50g dried cranberries
- 100ml milk (plus a drop more for glazing the tops)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Lightly grease a baking tray with butter.
- Tip the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the crumbled Stilton and cranberries and stir into the scone mixture.
- Pour in the milk and using a butter knife mix into a stiff dough.
- With floured hands pick up ping pong ball sized pieces of dough and mould into a rough scone shape.
- Place onto the greased baking tray.
- Milk wash the tops of the scones.
- Bake for 10 minutes until turning golden.
Make Cranberry & Stilton scones your way…
- Not a fan of blue cheese? Just switch it for Cheddar or Red Leicester.
- Skip the cranberries or replace with chopped dried figs.
- Make them into scone bites, roll the dough into bitesized scones and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- As a quick and easy festive lunch.
- As nibbles with wine.
- As scone bites and part of a Christmas buffet.