Wondering how to make French Toast even better? Try our CRAZY GOOD Banana Cinnamon French Toast recipe. A luxurious breakfast you can cook up in minutes.
I really think you might be needing this crazy good banana cinnamon French toast recipe… it’s just oh so perfect for breakfast on a cold day…
Sizzle up the amazing French Toast in a pan and just slide it onto the plate besides your coffee, you’ll not regret it!
Banana Cinnamon French Toast makes for a great weekend brunch recipe when you can really take your time and enjoy eating it lazily.
You only need five ingredients to make Banana Cinnamon French Toast, making it a cheap yet indulgent little breakfast recipe and one kids really love to eat too.
Banana Cinnamon French Toast Ingredient
- 1 small banana – choose a ripe one
- 2 pieces of white sliced bread – I use Warburtons Danish bread for this recipe.
- 1 large egg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 20g butter
How to make Banana Cinnamon French Toast
You’re just going to love this banana stuffed French toast – it’s super indulgent and oh so easy to make!
- Crack the egg into a cup and whisk it lightly with a fork.
- Peel and roughly mash the banana using a fork.
- Continue mashing the banana until it’s soft and squishy.
- Spread the mashed banana onto one slice the white bread.
- Put the other piece of sliced bread on top of the banana spread bread and squash them together.
- Tip the beaten egg onto a plate and give it a swirl to cover the plate fully- this just makes it easier to get an even coat of egg on the banana sandwich.
- Put the banana sandwich into the beaten egg and press down so the bread soaks up the beaten egg mixture.
- Flip the sandwich over to coat the other side and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Add the knob of butter to a hot frying pan and melt until it’s sizzling and bubbling.
- Put the banana stuffed French toast into the hot pan and cook over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Flip the french toast over and cook on the other side.
- Slide the Banana Cinnamon French Toast onto a plate and allow to cool a little because the banana filling will be really hot. Then slice and eat.
How to make banana cinnamon french toast your way
- switch the cinnamon for ground ginger or miss the spice all together.
- go healthier with the bread – opt for wholegrain or seeded loaf.
- try sprinkling the bread with just a little dusting of icing sugar as it comes out of the hot frying pan – it gives it a doughnut style taste….
How to serve banana cinnamon french toast
- perfect for breakfast with a coffee – or smoothie for the kids
- we eve like to eat this as a little dessert with a scoop of ice-cream – the ice cream melts deliciously into the toast – oh it’s a GOOD THING!
- 1 small banana
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20g butter
- Break the egg into a cup and whisk it with a fork - tip the egg onto a plate.
- Peel and mash the banana
- Spread the mashed banana onto one of the slices of bread. Sandwich the other slice on top and press toegether.
- Dip the banana stuffed French toast into the egg mixture and press down.
- Flip the sandwich over to cover the other side in egg.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon onto the egg washed banana stuffed sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a fryng pan over a medium - high heat and slide the sandwich in to cook - fry on one side until golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook the other side.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 13g