I think you might be needing this crazy good banana cinnamon french toast recipe… it’s just oh so perfect for breakfast on a cold day… just slide it onto the plate besides your coffee, you’ll not regret it!
You only need five ingredients, making it a cheap little breakfast recipe and one kids love too.
Mouthwateringly good breakfast
- 1 small banana - mashed
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1 large egg - beaten
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- knob of butter
- Spread the mashed banana over one of the slices of bread - top with the other slice.
- Tip the beaten egg onto a small plate and dip the banana sandwich into the egg, coating both sides - sprinkle both sides of the sandwich with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Melt a knob of butter in a small frying pan of a medium heat.
- Put the sandwich into the pan and fry on one side for around a minute or until browned - flip the sandwich and fry on the other side until browned.
- Slide onto a plate, leave to cool for a couple of minutes before eating as the banana filling gets really hot.
Make banana cinnamon french toast your way
- switch the cinnamon for ground ginger
- go healthier with the bread – opt for wholegrain or seeded loaf.
How to serve banana cinnamon french toast
- perfect for breakfast with a coffee – or smoothie for the kids
- as a little dessert with a scoop of ice-cream.