Wondering how to make French Toast even better? Try our CRAZY GOOD Cinnamon Banana French Toast recipe. A luxurious breakfast you can cook up in minutes.
I really think you might be needing this crazy good banana cinnamon French toast recipe… it’s just oh so perfect for breakfast on a cold day…
This totally indulgent little breakfast is a complete treat to eat and if I want a luxurious brunch then this is what I choose.
Sizzle up the amazing stuffed French Toast in a pan and just slide it onto the plate besides your coffee, you’ll not regret it!
Why You’ll LOVE This Banana French Toast Recipe!
Tasty Weekend Brunch – Cinnamon Banana French Toast makes for a great weekend brunch recipe when you can really take your time and enjoy eating it lazily. Or even take it back to bed.
Just Five Ingredients! – You only need five ingredients to make Banana Cinnamon French Toast, making it a cheap yet indulgent little breakfast recipe and one kids really love to eat too.
Super Easy To Make! – This recipe is easy enough for young kids to help out make too, a great recipe for getting them interested in cooking.
Get more delicious Sunday brunch recipes here!
Banana French Toast Recipe
Serves – 1 (easy to make lots more)
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 5 minutes
Total Time – around 10 minutes
Our Most Popular Alternative – Nutella French Toast Roll Ups
- Frying pan or skillet pan
- Plate – to mash the banana slices on
- Dish or shallow bowl – for the egg
- Small whisk or fork – for beating the egg
Banana French Toast Ingredients
You’ll just need five simple ingredients to make this delicious stuffed French toast breakfast recipe!
- 1 small banana – choose a small ripe one, not too brown though.
- 2 pieces of white sliced bread – I use Warburtons Danish bread for this recipe partly because it’s less calories per slice than regular bread, and I love how it tastes.
- 1 large egg – whisked
- pinch of ground cinnamon – this gives the toast just the best taste and it smells delicious as it cooks. Warm cinnamon is a gorgeous scent.
- 20g butter – I use unsalted butter, you don’t want salty butter ruining the sweet taste of this delicious toast.
How to make Banana Cinnamon French Toast
You’re just going to love this flavor packed banana stuffed French toast – it’s super indulgent and oh so easy to make!
Step One – prepare the ingredients
- Crack the egg – into a cup and whisk it lightly with a fork.
- Prepare the banana – peel and roughly mash the banana using a fork.
- Mash the banana – continue mashing the banana until it’s soft and squishy.
Step Two – fill the Banana French Toast
- Fill the French toast – get your slices of bread, spread the mashed banana onto one slice the white bread.
- Make the French toast sandwich – put the other piece of sliced bread on top of the banana spread bread and squash them together.
Get breakfast ideas for kids here
Step Three – coat the sandwich in beaten egg and cinnamon
- Get the egg prepared – tip the beaten egg onto a plate and give it a swirl to cover the plate fully- this just makes it easier to get an even coat of egg on the banana sandwich.
- Dip the French toast – put the banana sandwich into the beaten egg and press down so the bread soaks up the beaten egg mixture. You want to really soak both sides.
- Flip the sandwich over – to coat the other side and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Step Four – cook the banana French toast
- Add the knob of butter – to a hot frying pan and melt until it’s sizzling and bubbling.
- Cook the French toast – put the banana stuffed French toast into the hot pan and cook over a medium heat until it’s golden brown.
- Flip the french toast – over carefully and cook it on the other side until it’s golden brown.
- Serve – slide the Banana Cinnamon French Toast onto a plate and allow to cool a little because the banana filling will be really hot. Then slice in half and eat.
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Loads more easy eggy bread recipes here
How To Make Cinnamon Banana French Toast Your Way
- Change the spices – you could switch the ground cinnamon for ground ginger or nutmeg or miss the spices out all together. You could also flavor the egg mixture with some vanilla extract.
- Go healthier – with the bread – you could opt for wholegrain or seeded loaf. Or go super indulgent and use brioche or challah bread.
- Sweeten it up – try sprinkling the bread with just a little dusting of icing sugar as it comes out of the hot frying pan – it will give the french toast a really delicious doughnut style taste…. and that’s a good thing! Or drizzle over some maple syrup or sprinkle on some brown sugar to serve.
- Add in some chocolate – you could even add in some chocolate spread – just a little spread on to the bread before you add the mashed banana, they’ll mingle deliciously together as it cooks. And yes, this absolutely works really well with peanut butter too!
More easy breakfast recipes for kids here and they’re YUMMY!
How To Serve Banana French Toast
- Perfect for breakfast or as brunch ideas with a cup of coffee – or alongside a smoothie or glass of milk as a breakfast that’s nice for kids.
- We even like to eat this as a little dessert with a scoop of ice-cream – the ice cream melts deliciously into the toast – oh it’s such a GOOD THING – you should give it a try!
- 1 small banana
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20g butter
- Break the egg into a cup and whisk it with a fork - tip the egg onto a plate.
- Peel and mash the banana
- Spread the mashed banana onto one of the slices of bread. Sandwich the other slice on top and press toegether.
- Dip the banana stuffed French toast into the egg mixture and press down.
- Flip the sandwich over to cover the other side in egg.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon onto the egg washed banana stuffed sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a fryng pan over a medium - high heat and slide the sandwich in to cook - fry on one side until golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook the other side.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 13g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get our favourite easy meals collection here
More Delicious Brunch Recipes To Try
Love to cook nice breakfast? Try these…
- Sourdough Toast with Cream Cheese & Figs – mmmm lightly toasted thick cut sourdough bread, smothered with cream cheese and topped with sliced figs and a drizzle of honey. It’s just TOO GOOD! This is a beautiful summery breakfast.
- Hipster Brunch – sourdough toast topped with chilli feta scrambled eggs and a sprinkling of chorizo crumbs. Serve alongside fried tomatoes for a super tasty brunch idea.
- Apple and Oat Muffins – squidgy, sweet, delicious breakfast muffins that are so good with a coffee.
Get more easy egg recipes and how to use up eggs here
Save our delicious banana and cinnamon french toast to Pinterest for later!