On a cold, wet and windy day there is nothing nicer than curling up with a good book somewhere warm and cosy.
With all the modern day distractions of TV, games consoles and iPads, it’s nice for kids to take time out and enjoy a little screen free time in a snuggly den with a book.
You really don’t need to spend a great deal of money or time making a reading nook, just think cosy thoughts and go with it.
First of all, find your nook. Depending on where you live this could be a window seat, a snuggly chair on a landing, the corner of a bedroom, or for those of you with very limited space, even the end of a bed. That’s the good thing about nooks, they’re everywhere.
We’ve used the wasted space on top of the stair void in the bedroom.
How to make a cosy reading nook
- Choose your little space.
- Gather together throws and cushions in different textures and fabrics.
- Maybe add a comfortable seating cushion or pad – then build up the snuggly cushions around the outside of the nook.
- String up some fairy lights for a magical feel.
- Add a basket to store books in.