On a cold, wet and windy day there is nothing nicer than curling up with a good book somewhere warm and cosy.
With all the modern day distractions of TV, games consoles and iPads, it’s nice for kids to take time out and enjoy a little screen free time in a snuggly den with a book.
You really don’t need to spend a great deal of money or time making a reading nook, just think cosy thoughts and go with it.
First of all, find your nook. Depending on where you live this could be a window seat, a snuggly chair on a landing, the corner of a bedroom, or for those of you with very limited space, even the end of a bed. That’s the good thing about nooks, they’re everywhere.
We’ve used the wasted space on top of the stair void in the bedroom.
How to make a cosy reading nook
- Choose your little space.
- Gather together throws and cushions in different textures and fabrics.
- Maybe add a comfortable seating cushion or pad – then build up the snuggly cushions around the outside of the nook.
- String up some fairy lights for a magical feel.
- Add a basket to store books in.
Get more home and garden tips here
Get more home style inspiration here
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Get more autumn activities for kids here
Get loads more creative and fun winter activities for kids here