Crunchie Brownies are very definitely a GOOD THING, that lovely honeycomb toffee goes all melty and chewy and makes the brownies taste just amazing.
We just love making brownies at home and knowing how to cook a good chocolate brownie recipe is a must, once you have the basic recipe you can swap and change the flavours and fillings to take the brownies in whatever direction you like.
I always use the Nigella Everyday Brownies recipe at home, it’s just the most PERFECT brownie recipe, easy to make and when you pull that tray of gooey chocolate brownies baked to perfection from the oven you’ll see why we LOVE it so much.
Our Crunchie brownies are a total favourite and my go-to brownie recipe and it turns out perfect every single time – slightly fudge, slightly gooey and just oh so good!
Crunchie Brownie Ingredients
- 1 batch of Nigella Everyday Brownies mixture, swapping out the 150g milk chocolate for four Crunchie bars
How to make Crunchie Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Line a roasting tin (approx 20 x 25cm) with tin foil
- Roughly chop up the Crunchie bars
- Mix up the brownie mixture – putting the chopped Crunchies into the brownie batter in place of the milk chocolate chunks.
- Gently tip the brownie batter into the tin foil lined tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 22 minutes.
- Leave the brownies to cool in the tray for around 30 minutes before cutting.
How to store homemade brownies
Once the brownies are cool store the sliced brownies in an air tight container – they’ll keep fresh for a couple of days (but they’ll probably all be eat way before that)
Love cake? Get loads more easy cakes and bakes recipes here!
What to eat with chocolate brownies
Well… our Crunchie brownies are just perfect as they are alongside a coffee or glass of milk… however they’re also gorgeous with a little topping. Try…
- Serving warm brownies with creamy vanilla ice cream and a swirl of toffee sauce.
- Add a drizzle of vanilla custard to your brownie – warm or cold both tastes delicious.
- Serve your brownie with a spoonful of creme fraiche and sprinkling of edible glitter.
- For total brownie decadence serve warm chocolate brownies with clotted cream and juicy raspberries.
- 1 batch of Nigella Everyday Brownie batter.
- 4 Crunchie bars
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Line a roasting tin (20cm x 25cm) with tin foil
- Mix up the brownie batter
- Stir in the Crunchie pieces
- Pour the batter into the foil lined tin.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes
- Leave to cool in the tray for 30 minutes before cutting
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our Crunchie brownie recipe on Pinterest for later!
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Need some new packed lunch ideas? We’ve lots of delicious recipes here!