Our homemade chicken dippers recipe is just so tasty! Simple to make, oven baked to be healthier and perfect with salad and wedges for an easy family dinner.
Homemade oven baked crunchy chicken dippers are a healthy and super tasty kids dinner.
They’re quick and easy to make and whilst they bake you can rustle up a side dish or two.
I like to serve them with a side of mashed sweet potato and traffic light salad.
Yes I totally know this is just three bowls of salad vegetables but served like this the kids eat it and I’m all for an easy life!
Our homemade chicken goujons are also nice as a more grown up dinner idea…. served with blue cheese dip, a nice garden salad and maybe a jacket potato or side of sweet potato fries.
There’s just nothing better than crispy chicken strips dipped in blue cheese dressing – just so good!
Chicken Dippers Ingredients
- 400g chicken breast – cut into strips, or you could use chicken mini fillets if you prefer.
- 1 egg – whisked with a fork
- 100g panko breadcrumbs – you can pick these up in boxes at the supermarket or make your own panko breadcrumbs here
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make chicken dippers?
Making homemade chicken dippers it’s so easy!
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F
- Take out a non-stick baking tray – or if you don’t have a non-stick tray lightly grease a baking tray with a little sunflower or olive oil.
- Mix up the breadcrumb coating – tip the panko breadcrumbs into a bowl and mix in the dried oregano and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the chicken dippers – dip the chicken breast strips into the egg, then breadcrumbs and lay the breaded chicken on to the baking sheet.
- Cook the chicken dippers – bake for around 25 minutes – or until the chicken is cooked through properly with no pink remaining.
If you love quick meal ideas try these!
Make our homemade chicken dippers your way
Our crispy chicken strips are super delicious, but you can add your own flavours and styles – try…
- Make them spicy! – Want a little heat? Add a pinch of ground cumin and a tiny shake of chilli powder to your chicken breadcrumb coating
- Make them healthier! – Want them wholegrain? Use whizzed up seeded wholegrain bread to make the chicken breadcrumb coating.
- Make them gluten free! – Need your chicken dippers to be gluten free? It’s easy, just whizz up a batch of gluten free breadcrumbs to use or use a gluten free rice cereal smashed up to a chunky coating.
Chicken dippers cooking tips!
- You can make our chicken in breadcrumbs up in the morning and keep them in the fridge ready to cook when the kids get home from school.
- Buy the packs of chicken breast mini fillets so you don’t need to spend time chopping up chicken breasts. Then our homemade breaded chicken strips are even quicker to make!
Get loads and loads of kid friendly recipes here
More chicken mini fillets recipes to try
My kids just love chicken recipes for dinner and crispy chicken strips, chicken dippers or chicken wraps are always super popular.
- Moroccan chicken strips – lightly spiced chicken strips served with a yogurt dip and salad.
- Southern ‘Baked’ Chicken – a healthy twist on southern fried chicken, our baked chicken strips are flavourful and super easy to make.
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap – a total hit with the kids, tortilla flour wraps stuffed with sweet chilli chicken and salad. We serve this with amazing Chinese style salt and pepper chips!
Get more easy recipes and tasty meal ideas here
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Need some family dinner ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get our 10 easy healthy dinner recipes for kids here!
- 425g chicken breast - cut into strips
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2tsp paprika
- pinch of salt
- pinch cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F
- Take out a non-stick baking tray
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the oregano and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken breast pieces into the egg, then breadcrumbs and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake for around 25 minutes - or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our chicken dippers recipe on Pinterest for later!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more family food and meal ideas here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here