Homemade oven baked crunchy chicken dippers are a healthy and super tasty kids dinner. They’re quick and easy to make and whilst they bake you can rustle up a side dish or two. We like them with mashed sweet potato and traffic light salad.
To make the crunchy chicken dippers you’ll just need to dip chicken breast strips into beaten eggs and then into a dish of seasoned breadcrumbs, lay onto a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces. It’s that easy.
Really easy crunchy chicken dippers that the kids will LOVE!
- 425g chicken breast strips or mini fillets
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Lightly oil and baking sheet.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the oregano and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken breast pieces into the egg, then breadcrumbs and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake for around 25 minutes - until the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining.
Make crunchy chicken dippers your way
- Want them spicy and a touch of ground cumin and a tiny shake of chilli powder.
- Want some wholegrain – use whizzed up seeded wholegrain bread to make the crumb coating.
- Serve with mash and beans, or chips and salad.
Love your leftovers…
- Tuck them up with some salad in a wrap.
- Eat cold next day just as they are.
- You can make these up in the morning and keep them in the fridge ready to cook when the kids get home from school.
- Buy the packs of chicken breast mini fillets so you don’t need to spend time chopping chicken.