I love this vibrant crunchy salad for lunch. It’s so quick to make, so easy to pack as a take to work lunch and with seven veggies piled on my plate I just feel so smugly healthy eating it!
To throw together our crunchy salad platter you really just need a handful of lots of different salad veggies and some totally moreish dipping sauce.
I like to use celery, carrots, tomato, avocado, radish, cucumber and pepper, but feel free to just use up whatever you have in, fruit works well with this platter too, especially apples and pears, they taste good dipped in peanut.
The dip is simply a heaped spoonful of peanut butter, smooth or crunchy it doesn’t matter, mixed with a heaped spoonful of sweet chilli dipping sauce and a good shake of soy sauce all mixed together.
If you want to make this recipe gluten free just be sure to use a gluten free soy sauce like the Clearspring brand.
I find this salad actually very filling and don’t usually add any extras – however you might like to add some rolls of ham or pieces of chicken.
This is a lovely easy, fresh and filling healthy recipe ideal for spring and summer eating.
Crunchy healthy salad for one.
- 1/2 red pepper cut into batons
- 6cm cucumber cut into batons
- 1 large carrot cut into batons
- 4 radish sliced
- 2 sticks of celery cut into batons
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- tomato sliced into wedges
- 1 tbs peanut buter
- 1 tbs sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Mix together the dipping sauce by tipping the peanut butter, sweet chilli dipping sauce and olive oil into a pot and stirring well to combine.
- Arrange you crunchy salad around the pot.
The kids like this salad and it’s one I do as a share platter for them to go with chicken and chips usually.
Make a salad platter your way
It’s your salad, make it your way!
- don’t like peanut – swap it for salsa or guacamole
- want more protein add some chicken strips, tofu or cheese