A simple warming recipe that’s fab for serving up at winter parties or after a long Sunday walk in the freezing cold.
As the mulled wine slowly warms through it will fill the house with a delicious spicy Christmassy scent.
Perfect for winter parties
- 1 bottle of red wine - Shiraz or Merlot work well
- 1 orange sliced into rounds
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Cinnamon stick
- 2 oz demerara sugar
- Tip all the ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir slowly over a low heat to melt the sugar.
- Allow to warm through nice and slowly - don't boil
To serve simply spoon ladlefuls into cups or glasses and enjoy whilst snuggling up in the warmth.