Breakfast flatbreads are our new favourite thing! We love them – they’re so easy to make, quick to cook and taste just so good – we tend to make the breakfast flatbreads vegetarian – but you can load them up however you like.
You can use shop bought flatbreads for speed – I’ve started mixing up a bowlful of the River Cottage flatbread dough and keeping it in the fridge for use the day I mix it and the day after. Once it’s mixed up it just takes literally a few minutes to pull off a chunk of dough and roll and cook it. Grab the River Cottage flatbread recipe here. It’s worth making these – especially if you’ve got kids, they make great snacks with hummus, Nutella or cream cheese and fruit.
Deliciously healthy quick breakfast.
- 1 flatbread - heated as per packed instructions
- knob of butter or splash of olive/rapeseed oil
- 2 large eggs - beaten together
- 1/2 red pepper - finely sliced
- 1/4 red chilli - deseeded and finely chopped
- handful of coriander
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the flatbread as per the instruction.
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and quickly cook the peppers and chillies then remove to a side plate.
- Add a little more oil in the frying pan - tip in the beaten eggs and scramble them quickly.
- To serve load the flatbread up with eggs and top with peppers and chillies - scatter over the coriander and season with salt and pepper.
Make breakfast flatbreads your way
- Add in more veggies with your eggs – try sliced mushrooms, wilted spinach or sliced avocado.
- Go meaty and throw in some bacon or sausages.
How to serve breakfast flatbreads
- Great for breakfast any day of the week – or wrap and eat on the go.
PS… We think you might also just LOVE our eggy bread crumpets with summer berries