Buddha bowls are really my ‘thing’ at the moment. A delicious fresh way to eat and one which seems to pack in extra goodness – so when I’m in need of a little pick me up, Buddha bowls are a go to thing.
Super simple to put together and packed with delicious flavours this Green Buddha bowl contains, steamed broccoli, asparagus, peppers and courgette, drizzled with a little honey, lime and ginger dressing. Add some egg ribbons and a spoonful or two or rice. Unbelievably easy and quick!
Quick and super healthy Buddha bowl that's totally delicious.
- 80g asparagus
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1/2 green pepper - sliced
- 1 courgette - sliced
- 4 eggs - beaten
- 1 pack of microwave rice - any flavour you like
- juice of a lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 2cm thumb width piece of ginger - peeled and grated
- drizzle of sesame oil
- Steam the veggies - usually take around 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile make a quick omelette, add a drizzle of oil to a frying pan, tip in the eggs, swirl the pan for even coverage. Once the eggs set, flip the omelette and quickly cook the other side. Slide onto a chopping board and slice into ribbons.
- Whisk up the dressing by adding the lime juice, honey and ginger to a small cup and mixing with a fork, add a drizzle of sesame oil - as much or little as you like.
- Cook the microwave rice - this usually takes 2 minutes.
- Assemble the Buddha bowl - add the rice and egg ribbons. Pop the steamed veggies in the bowl and drizzle over the dressing.
Make it your way…
- Throw in different veggies or add some beans.
- Add spice with a sprinkling of fresh chillies.
- This is lovely served with the Tilda microwave coconut, chilli and lemongrass rice.
- If you don’t have a steamer, just pop a colander over a pan of boiling water, the veg in the colander and the pan lid on top. It works just as well.