These ham and cheese sliders are totally delicious, easy to make and great for feeding a crowd in just a few minutes. They make a really tasty quick brunch or as a game day snack.
Slice the soft bread rolls in half and lay the bottom of the rolls into a deep roasting tin, layer over thinly sliced smoked ham, add a layer of grated cheese, and add the tops of the bread rolls.
We use Jarlsberg cheese to make the sliders because it has a lovely sweet and nutty flavour and it melts really well. Perfect with smoked ham.
Make a gorgeous glaze by melting butter, honey and mustard in a small pan and using a pastry brush, spread the glaze over the tops of the bread rolls – any left over just trickle it on.
Bake the ham and cheese sliders in the oven for around 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls beautifully golden.
Totally delicious and really easy!
- 9 soft bread rolls - sliced in halves
- 9 slices of ham
- 150g Jarlsberg cheese - grated
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the bottom halves of the bread rolls into the roasting tin - add a layer of ham, scatter over the grated cheese, and top with the bread roll 'lids'.
- Melt the butter, honey and mustard in a small pan, then using a pastry brush spread the glaze over the top of the bread rolls.
- Bake in the oven for around 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread rolls golden.
Make is your way…
- try different type of cheeses.
- use turkey or bacon instead of ham.
- turn them into sloppy joe sliders with a layer of savoury mince.
- make a fruity glaze with apricot jam instead of mustard and honey.
The Jarlsberg cheese used in this recipe was sent free of charge from Jarlsberg