Mmmmm the scent of warm mulled apple cider wafting though the house smells just delicious, sweet, spicy, warming and oh so autumnal.
This is a great drink to serve to guests as they arrive at parties, or perfect for sipping as you sit around a bonfire. And best of all, it’s really, really easy to make.
Just pour 1.5 litres of apple cider into a saucepan, add a couple of slices of orange, a cinnamon stick, a pinch of grated nutmeg, and a few cloves and a couple of star anise. Then gently simmer and let the warming spices flavour the cider. Pour into mugs and decorate with apple shapes if you like.
Warming spiced apple drink
- 1.5 litres of apple cider
- 2 slices of orange
- cinnamon stick
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 star anise
- 6 cloves
- Pour the cider into a saucepan and add the oranges, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves and star anise. Gently warm.
- Pour into mugs using a sieve to catch the spices.
make it your way…
- use pear cider instead of apple.
- add juniper berries
- as a welcome drink for autumn parties.
- Bonfire Night party drink.
- on a cold winters night.