Homemade peri peri turkey burgers that just ROCK! Slide them on to brioche rolls and load them high with halloumi, grilled pineapples and chilli jam. Oh… and a side of fries – perfect burger night deliciousness!
A really easy family dinner recipe – We use turkey thigh mince to make the burgers – thigh meat doesn’t dry out the same way the breast meat does – so the burger tastes delicious.
You can make these in the morning and just put them in the fridge ready to cook when you get home.
Super tasty peri peri turkey burgers
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small egg - beaten
- 2 heaped tsp peri peri seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 4 brioche rolls
- salad leaves
- 4 slices of halloumi
- 4 pineapple rings
- chilli jam
- Put the turkey mince into a large mixing bowl.
- Tip in the breadcrumbs, peri peri seasoning, salt and pepper, add the egg.
- Mix everything together with your hands and then form into 4 burger patties.
- To cook - fry the burgers in a little oil over a medium heat for around 8-9 minutes a side - they're cooked when the they're piping hot throughout and no pink meat remains in the burgers at all. (the thinner your burgers the quicker they'll cook)
- To serve slide them onto brioche rolls and load on your favourite toppings.
Make turkey burgers your way…
- Switch the peri peri seasoning for Cajun, Italian or a spoonful of curry paste.
- Serve on ciabatta rolls or flatbreads.
- Switch the toppings for whatever your favourites are – bacon, blue cheese, onions, Swiss cheese, mushrooms all work well.
How to serve turkey burgers
- Great for an easy family dinner with a side of sweet potato fries.
You might also just love our turkey mince curry recipe here.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our spicy fries with Harissa mayo
HIT SUBSCRIBE BELOW AND NEVER MISS A POST!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious healthy turkey mince recipes here