Deliciously quick pesto, great for a weeknight when you’re busy and you want real food fast. This pesto is made in the food processor so it literally takes minutes and yet still tastes amazing.
When I make pesto the ingredients are always in handfuls, it’s just more relaxed. So you’ll need a clove of garlic, a handful of pine nuts, two handfuls of finely grated parmesan cheese, four handfuls of picked Basil leaves, don’t put the stalks in they’ll give it a bitter taste. And a good glug of olive oil to loosen things up and finally sea salt to taste.
I add the pine nuts to the food processor first and give them a quick blitz then add the garlic, basil, parmesan and blitz again. Whilst it’s blitzing I pour in olive oil until the pesto is a nice consistency. Then taste and add sea salt if you wish.
Once you’ve made your pesto there’s lots of ways to use it…
- stir it through hot freshly cooked spaghetti
- drizzle over torn mozzarella on bruschetta
- drop into spring minestrone soup
- stir through a basic risotto
- drizzle onto pizzas
- spread onto chicken or fish and bake in the oven
- tuck inside toasted sandwiches for added yum
Deliciously quick real pesto
- handful of pine nuts
- clove of garlic
- 2 handfuls of finely grated parmesan
- 4 handfuls of basil leaves
- glug of olive oil
- sea salt
- Add the pine nuts to the food processor and blitz until fine.
- Add the garlic, parmesan and basil and blitz again. Whilst the food processor is blitzing pour in the olive oil to loosen the pesto to a nice consistency.
- Add sea salt to taste.