This place has the accolade of being my childrens’ most favourite holiday ever! No mean feat I can tell you! What did it do to win this esteemed place in their hearts? To be honest very little!
This is a basic campsite, it’s back to nature, it’s no frills and because of that it is fabulous.
The site is based on the Dinas Island Farm it’s a small and friendly site. The views from the camping field over Newport Bay and Preseli Hils are beautiful. The campsite is at the top of a rough road about 1/2 mile from a very pretty little bay.
The week we spent there was just lovely. Lots of time spent playing on the beach, swimming and bodyboarding, loads of walking, there is easy access to the Pembrokeshire coastal paths, plenty of cooking of lovely food, beautiful local lamb and freshly caught fish. This site had a really nice atmosphere and evenings were spent having outdoor candle lit dinners with other campers, eating food ordered from the Farmers Wife she makes amazing food! It is the kind of place children can just run free and they made the absolute most of it. There is nothing better in their minds than being able to run around in pyjamas and eat sausages! We’ll definitely go back.
The best bits as picked by kids! Dinas Island is a brilliant place for outdoor kids activities!
- Bodyboarding in the sea.
- Playing with the other children on the campsite.
- Talking to the sheep.
- The woods when we had to run really fast away from the bee swarm…
- Running about in the dark with torches.
- Going to the beach before bedtime.
- The bats.
- Location – Dinas Island Farm, Dinas, Newport, Pembrokeshire, SA42 0SE
- For up to date details check out the Dinas Island Farm website.
- food available to order from the farm – bread, cakes and meals – delivered to your tent
- also wifi available at additional charge
Places to visit nearby:
- St Davids is a beautiful tiny city with great shops and the cathedral just stunning, well worth the trip.
- Plenty of beautiful beaches around the Pembrokeshire coast
- Stone age sites with stones circles and monuments