Drizzle painting is a brilliant way for kids to really get hands on with creating some big, happy art work. Suitable for kids of all ages this messy but fun paint technique is sure to keep the kids busy and out of trouble for a while at least…
what you need for drizzle painting
- plastic sandwich bags.
- different coloured paints.
- large roll of paper – wallpaper, drawing paper or even the back of wrapping paper works.
how to do drizzle painting – the basic technique
- fill the sandwich bags with paint and seal them up.
- cut lengths of paper – as big as you like.
- cut a tiny corner off the sandwich bag and squeeze the paint out in a drizzly pattern all over the paper.
- repeat with different colours
make more of your drizzle painting
- use different shades of the same colour as part of a colour project
- choose colour palettes to match themes – like greens and blues for ocean or seaside project or blacks and shiny metallics for a space project.
- cut out the artwork and turn into gorgeous framed modern art for the wall.
- on sunny days take it outdoors and really go for it with big paper and big paint bags
- if you’re a bit of a *no mess here thanks* type of person then fill the bag with water and get out onto the driveway and make a patterns with water instead.
- use a large canvas and create a work of art to last.