Get the kids busy having fun with some BRILLIANT process art – kids just love this creative drizzle painting activity.
Drizzle painting is a brilliant way for kids to really get hands on with creating some big, happy art work.
Kids process art is always super fun! Suitable for kids of all ages this messy but fun paint technique is sure to keep the kids busy and out of trouble for a while at least…
Kids Process Art Activity
What you need for drizzle painting
- plastic sandwich bags
- different coloured paints
- large roll of paper – wallpaper, drawing paper or even the back of wrapping paper works
How to do drizzle painting – kids process art
- fill the sandwich bags with paint and seal them up
- cut lengths of paper – as big as you like
- cut a tiny corner off the sandwich bag and squeeze the paint out in a drizzly pattern all over the paper
- repeat with different colours
Make more of your drizzle painting
- use different shades of the same colour as part of a colour project
- choose colour palettes to match themes – like greens and blues for ocean or seaside project or blacks and shiny metallics for a space project
- cut out the artwork and turn into gorgeous framed modern art for the wall
- on sunny days take it outdoors and really go for it with big paper and big paint bags
- if you’re a bit of a *no mess here thanks* type of person then fill the bag with water and get out onto the driveway and make a patterns with water instead
- use a large canvas and create a work of art to last
More art activities for children to enjoy
- Make a mosaic rainbow – this gorgeous colourful craft is perfect for children of all ages.
- Cute leaf hedgehogs – celebrate the autumn season with this lovely autumn leaf craft and create super cute hedgehogs.
- Pine cone mouse – kids just love to make these sweet little pine cone mice – such a gorgeous autumn craft.
- 3 Plastic Sandwich Bags
- 3 Different Coloured Paints
- Large Roll of Drawing Paper
- Painting Aprons
- Soap and Water for Cleaning Up
- Fill the sandwich bags with paint and seal them up
- Cut lengths of paper – as big as you like
- Cut a tiny corner off the sandwich bag and squeeze the paint out in a drizzly pattern all over the paper
- Repeat with different colours
Save or share our Drizzle Painting to Pinterest for later!
Loads more kids art projects and activities here
Get lots more summer activities for kids here