Dutch chocolate sprinkle sandwich is a super easy kids breakfast recipe that they just LOVE! Just add a piece of fruit and glass of milk alongside.
It’s a really inspirational article, totally makes you think about things in a different way and since reading it I’ve definitely tried to adopt some of the laid back Dutch ways with brilliant consequences and happier kids!
One of the points mentioned is that Dutch kids get to eat chocolate sprinkle sandwiches for breakfast. Now I’m all for encouraging more happiness so we gave those sandwiches a try.
Dutch sprinkle sandwich ingredients
This is enough to serve one child – but obviously it’s super easy to make more!
- 2 slices of bread – I usually use tiger bread or soft fresh bloomer
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp chocolate sprinkles – in Holland these are known as “hagelslag” – I just use regular chocolate flavoured cake sprinkles
How to make Dutch style chocolate sprinkle sandwiches
Okay it’s just TOO EASY! Grab your bread – toast it if you like, smother with butter and pile on the chocolate sprinkles.
What can I say? The kids were totally happy once they got over being so puzzled that I’d let them have chocolate sprinkles for breakfast.
Now to work on all the other points mentioned in The 8 Secrets of Dutch Kids, the Happiest Kids in the World!
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
More kids breakfast recipes to try
These breakfast recipes are all tried, tested and LOVED by my kids and they’re quick enough to make on school days.
- Owl toast – the cutest kids breakfast EVER! Toaster muffins spread with peanut butter and decorated with bananas, strawberries and blueberries to make cute little owl faces.
- Cereal sundae – grab a glass or jar and layer up the kids favourite cereal with yogurt and fruit. Finish with a little drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- French toast stars – star shaped breakfast is always a good thing – right? And these little French toast stars served with a ketchup dip are just yummy for breakfast.
NEED SOME FAMILY DINNER RECIPES INSPIRATION?
Check out our meal planning guide here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes your whole family will LOVE!
Get more absolutely delicious easy chocolate recipes here.
- 2 slices of bread - use tiger or bloomer
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp chocolate sprinkles
- Slice the bread, spread with butter and sprinkle over the chocolate sprinkles.
I add a piece of fruit & glass of milk when serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more snacks for kids here
Save our super tasty Dutch style chocolate sprinkle sandwiches to Pinterest for later!
Get more delicious, easy breakfast recipes here!