A bright, fun and simple Easter art activity for young children. Lovely and messy!
I love the kids art around spring time, they always seem extra proud of spring art, kids seem to have a natural love of baby chicks and baby lambs and really enjoy the cute aspect of creating spring art work.
What you need to make Easter chicks
- white paper
- yellow paint
- paint tray/old plate
- paper plate
- nice scrap paper – shades of blue cut into small triangles
- A4 sheet of yellow paper
- A4 sheet of orange paper
- brown pencil
- sticky tape
How to make Easter chicks
- Firstly tip the yellow paint into the paint tray/old plate and make lots and lots of yellow handprints.
- Once the handprints are dry cut them out – young children will need help with this.
- Cut the paper plate in half – leaving a zigzag edge for the cracked egg shell effect.
- Splatter the paper plate with glue and stick on the blue triangles – this will be the egg shell.
- Cut a circle out of the yellow paper to be the chicks body. Stick this to the egg shell.
- Splatter the yellow circle with glue and stick on the yellow handprints – these will be the fluffy spring chick.
- Next cut out two circles from white paper and colour pupils with a brown pencil – these are the chicks eyes.
- Cut out a triangle of orange paper to be the chicks beak.
- Stick the eyes and beak onto the chick with glue.
Easter Wreath Ideas
This is a lovely craft to kick off spring time and Easter celebrations.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Get more Easter food ideas and Easter kids crafts here
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Loads more lovely spring activities for kids here