Get ready to sink your teeth into the juiciest cheeseburgers ever! These easy air fryer cheeseburgers are super tasty and ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
Why You’ll LOVE These Cheeseburgers
Quick And Easy – air frying cheeseburgers is quick, easy and perfect for weeknight dinner when you want food ready fast.
Juicy – air frying burgers keeps them super juicy and delicious.
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers Recipe
Serves – 4
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 10 minutes
Total Time – 15 minutes
Our Most Popular Alternative – Chicken And Halloumi Burger
- Air Fryer – we use a Ninja Foodi Max Dual Zone Air Fryer – the 9.5 litre two drawer cooking space is BRILLIANT when you’re cooking for a family or like to cook bigger portions. And it makes cooking meat, chicken or fish and potatoes at the same time super easy!)
- Tongs – I’d recommend you get a set of silicone tongs for air frying. They’re super handy and don’t scratch the air fryer non-stick coating. Perfect for flipping over the air fryer hamburgers.
- Instant read digital food thermometer
Grab our guide to Air Fryer Accessories You Actually Need (and will use) right here!
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers Ingredients
You just need three ingredients to make the air fryer cheeseburgers and then any burger toppings you like to add in.
- 4 beef burgers – we use shop bought fresh burger patties
- 4 slices burger cheese (we use American cheese slices)
- 4 hamburger buns
How To Make Cheeseburgers In The Air Fryer
You’re going to love how simple air fryer cheese burgers are!
Step One – flatten the patties
- Okay, you want these burgers to cook quickly, so squash the shop bought burger patties between your hands so they’re a little flatter.
Step Two – put the burgers in the air fryer basket
- Then arrange the air fryer hamburger patties into the air fryer basket, you need them to be in a single layer with no overlapping.
Step Three – air fry the cheeseburger patties
- Air fry on 200C/400F for around 10 minutes (or until they’re cooked through – check using a digital meat thermometer)
- For the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the cheese slices to the top of the burgers so it melts deliciously
- Once the air fryer cheeseburgers are fully cooked through to perfection and the cheese melted on top, serve the burgers on the burger buns with your favourite toppings. We usually go for mayo, Iceberg lettuce, tomato, burger pickles, fried onions, tomato ketchup and mustard.
What Are Some Topping Ideas For Cheeseburgers?
Fancy something extra on that cheesy burger? Load on your favourite toppings, pack that burger with flavor and dig in!
- Lettuce, tomato, and onion with burgers pickles, mustard and ketchup.
- Bacon and cheddar cheese
- Avocado and Swiss cheese
- Barbecue sauce and onion rings
- Fried egg and bacon
- Guacamole and salsa
- Blue cheese and caramelised onions
- BBQ pulled pork and coleslaw
- Buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing
- Basil pesto and mozzarella cheese
Any of the tasty burger toppings above go great on air fryer cheeseburgers!
Get More Air Fryer UK recipes Here
What Should I Serve With Cheeseburgers?
10 delicious side dishes that go great with air fryer cheeseburgers!
- French fries – grab our air fryer French fries recipe here.
- Air Fryer Sweet potato cubes
- Onion rings
- Coleslaw – grab our DELICIOUS Ranch Coleslaw recipe here
- Corn on the cob – get our tasty Air Fryer Corn On The Cob Recipe
- Potato salad – and if you like things a little extra! Try our Bacon Potato Salad recipe here.
- Broccoli salad
- Cucumber and tomato salad
- Mixed green salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Bean salad
Need Some New Family Meal Ideas?
Check out our meal planning here – it’s filled with recipes, meal planning tips and pre-filled printable meal plans weekly or seasonally. We’ve got hundreds of the BEST family recipes and meal ideas your whole family will LOVE!
- 4 beef burgers
- 4 slices burger cheese
- 4 burger buns
- Okay, you want these burgers to cook quickly, so squash the shop bought burger patties between your hands so they're a little flatter.
- Then arrange the burger patties into the air fryer basket, you need them to be in a single layer with no overlapping.
- Air fry on 200C/400F for around 10 minutes (or until they're cooked through - check using a digital food thermometer)
- For the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the cheese slices to the top of the burgers.
- Once the burgers are fully cooked through and the cheese melted on top, serve the burgers on the burger buns with your favourite toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1018Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 1646mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 66g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.