Super easy Apple and Blackberry Crumble Recipe – mmmm spoon this delicious warming autumn dessert into bowls then just choose custard or clotted cream…. YUM!
How to make fruit crumble
Fruit crumble is one of the easiest things to make – you just can’t mess it up, it’s rustic, comforting and oh so tasty.
Just add your fruit to an oven proof dish – top with sugar maybe a little cinnamon then add your crumble topping – you can cheat and buy this in bags ready mixed or you can mix up your own – you just need four, oats, butter and sugar. So simple!
Delicious autumn crumble
- 800g (approx. 4) Bramley Apples peeled, cored and cut into small bitesized cubes
- 150g (approx) blackberries
- 2 heaped tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 160g brown sugar
- 200g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Scatter the fruit into the bottom of your crumbled dish and tip over the 2 tbs of brown sugar and cinnamon, then stir gently.
- Mix up the crumble topping - add the flour, oats and sugar to a mixing bowl, mix together gently. Tip in the butter and rub it into the mixture until you have a crumbly chunky breadcrumb type consistency.
- Spoon the topping over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for around 40-45 minutes or until the top is browning and the fruit tender.
What to serve with apple and blackberry crumble
This delicious autumn dessert is perfect served with thick warm vanilla custard or opt for vanilla ice-cream or even a dollop of Cornish clotted cream would work really well.
Make apple & blackberry crumble your way
You can switch and change the ingredients in a fruit crumble to suit your own tastes – try…
- Switching the blackberries for strawberries or raspberries for a summer pudding.
- Swap the cinnamon for ginger.
- If you don’t fancy making your own crumble topping – cheat and buy a bag of ready made.
More blackberry recipes for you to try…