I love this easy chicken curry recipe, it’s a throw it all in a dish and bang it in the oven kind of a recipe. Great for a busy weeknight when you want to get on with other things as dinner cooks. It’s mild tasting curry so the kids will be on board with eating it for dinner too.
So grab a casserole dish, add in sliced onions, chopped chicken breast and pour over a bottle of passata, then half fill the passata bottle with hot water and add 4 tsp of curry paste, give the bottle a shake and pour into the casserole dish. Cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 and serve with rice, salad and naan bread. Easy, healthy and low effort.
Really easy, healthy, low fuss curry that's great for a busy weeknight.
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 450g chicken breast - chopped into bite size pieces
- 400g passata
- 200ml hot water
- 4 tsp curry paste - use tikka or korma paste for a mild curry
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Take a casserole dish tip in the sliced onions and chicken breast pieces and pour over the passata.
- Fill the passata bottle with 200ml hot water and 4 tsp curry paste and shake well. Pour into the casserole dish.
- Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for around 1 hour 30 minutes. Until the chicken has cooked through.
Serve with rice, salad and naan breads.
Make it your way…
- Choose a hotter paste for a hotter spicier curry.
- Switch the chicken for lamb.
- Add more vegetables and throw in a tin of chickpeas.
Love your leftovers…
- Make little curry pasties.
- Stir through couscous for a spicy little couscous bowl.
- Add a tin of tomatoes a teaspoon of cumin and turn into a soup, serve with naan.
- Use to top baked potatoes.
- Buy chopped chicken breast pieces to save time.
- If you’re short on time/effort use microwave rice and bags of salad.