One of the easiest ways to use up leftover roast chicken is to make our easy coronation chicken sandwich. Great for packed lunches on a Monday.
With this recipe if you need to stretch the chicken sandwich filler to go a little further then add a handful of sweetcorn.
An easy and delicious way to use up leftover cooked chicken
- Couple of handfuls of leftover roast chicken.
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 1/2 tsp curry paste
- small handful of sultanas
- 2 bread rolls
- In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mango chutney and curry paste.
- Add in the chicken and sultanas and mix to coat everything.
- Split open the bread rolls and fill with Coronation chicken sandwich filler.
- Add salad if you like.
Make coronation chicken sandwiches your way…
- Cut down on the fat and switch the mayonnaise for low fat natural yogurt.
- Add in sweetcorn or chick peas to make the recipe stretch to feed more.
- Use to fill pitta breads.
How to serve coronation chicken sandwiches…
- Delicious for packed lunch.
- Use as a topping for baked potatoes.
- Serve for Monday night dinner and add a side of wedges or fries and a green salad.