One of the easiest ways to use up leftover roast chicken is to make our easy coronation chicken sandwich. Great for packed lunches on a Monday.
With this recipe if you need to stretch the chicken sandwich filler to go a little further then add a handful of sweetcorn.
Make coronation chicken sandwiches your way…
- Cut down on the fat and switch the mayonnaise for low fat natural yogurt.
- Add in sweetcorn or chick peas to make the recipe stretch to feed more.
- Use to fill pitta breads.
How to serve coronation chicken sandwiches…
- Delicious for packed lunch.
- Use as a topping for baked potatoes.
- Serve for Monday night dinner and add a side of wedges or fries and a green salad.
You might also just love our healthy prawn sandwich recipe
- Couple of handfuls of leftover roast chicken.
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 1/2 tsp curry paste
- small handful of sultanas
- 2 bread rolls
- In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mango chutney and curry paste.
- Add in the chicken and sultanas and mix to coat everything.
- Split open the bread rolls and fill with Coronation chicken sandwich filler.
- Add salad if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 4gSugar: 45gProtein: 19g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
You might just love our BEST sausage sandwich recipe here