These cute and simple Easter bunny ornaments are a great way for kids to get involved in decorating the home ready for Easter. They also make a sweet little keepsake.
Our spring bunny ornaments are made using a simple salt dough, which is quick, easy and cheap to mix up. We use the basic salt dough recipe of 1 cup of plain flour to 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup of water.
What you need to make Easter bunny ornaments
- Basic salt dough ingredients – 1 cup of plain flour, 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup water.
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Bunny shaped cookie cutter – or any other spring shapes like butterflies, tulips or eggs.
- Baking tray
- Paints to decorate with
- Varnish if using as a keepsake.
Easter bunny ornament instructions
- Mix up the salt dough – add the flour and salt to the mixing bowl and slowly pour in the water, mix with the spoon and then using your hands knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Roll the dough out to around 1.5cm thick and cut out the bunny shapes (or whatever spring shapes you fancy)
- Place them on a baking tray and make a small hole in the top for hanging threads. Then bake at 160C for around 20 – 30 minutes until dry and hard.
- Leave to cool.
- Paint the decorations any way you like.
- You can add a top layer of craft varnish if you want your Easter ornaments to last longer.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Get more Easter food ideas and Easter kids crafts here
Head this way for loads more fun kids activities
Loads more lovely spring activities for kids here