French bread pizza is proper comfort food and great for a midweek dinner or throwing together on a busy school night as it cooks in just 10 minutes. You can vary the toppings and pile on combinations that make your tastebuds tingle.
I’ve topped these French bread pizzas with marinara sauce, shredded chicken, smoked ham, pineapple cubes, sliced red onions, piles of shredded mozzarella and for a final flurry a drizzle of BBQ sauce. I add a dish of salad too, for balance…
Super quick and easy midweek meal.
- 4 part baked petite pain (I like the DeliFrance ones)
- 1 small jar of marinara sauce
- couple handfuls of shredded cooked chicken
- 4 slices of ham, diced
- half a small red onion sliced thinly
- small tin of pineapple chunks
- 200g grated mozzarella
- BBQ sauce
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Cut the part baked baguettes in half and load up with toppings - marinara sauce, chicken, ham, pineapple, onions, mozzarella and a squirt of BBQ sauce.
- Bake in the oven for around 8-10 minutes until the bread is fully baked, toppings heated through and the cheese melting.
Serve with a side of salad, beans or sweetcorn
Make French Bread Pizza your way
- Go fishy with tuna, anchovies and black olives.
- Go veggie with jarred antipasti peppers, artichokes and courgettes.
- Go really cheesy with mozzarella, blue cheese and mature cheddar.
- Skip the marinara and opt for a layer of pesto with chicken or prawns.
Love your Leftovers
- Any leftovers taste fab cold next day – wrap in paper and pop them in your lunch box.
PS… we think you might also just LOVE our delicious Turkey Burgers