Super quick and easy dinner recipe that the kids will just LOVE. Our Easy French Bread Pizzas take just 20 minutes from start to finish. Great for a fun and easy midweek meal.
French bread pizza is proper comfort food and great for a midweek dinner or throwing together on a busy school night as it cooks in just 10 minutes. You can vary the toppings and pile on combinations that make your tastebuds tingle.
I’ve topped these French bread pizzas with marinara sauce, shredded chicken, smoked ham, pineapple cubes, sliced red onions, piles of shredded mozzarella and for a final flurry a drizzle of BBQ sauce. I add a dish of salad too, for balance…
How to make French Bread Pizzas
I use part-baked baguettes they just give a better finish. Grab your baguette – slice it, top with your favourite toppings and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until the bread crisps up and the cheese is all melty and golden.
Super quick and easy midweek meal.
- 4 part baked petite pain (I like the DeliFrance ones)
- 1 small jar of marinara sauce
- couple handfuls of shredded cooked chicken
- 4 slices of ham, diced
- half a small red onion sliced thinly
- small tin of pineapple chunks
- 200g grated mozzarella
- BBQ sauce
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Cut the part baked baguettes in half and load up with toppings - marinara sauce, chicken, ham, pineapple, onions, mozzarella and a squirt of BBQ sauce.
- Bake in the oven for around 8-10 minutes until the bread is fully baked, toppings heated through and the cheese melting.
Serve with a side of salad, beans or sweetcorn
Good toppings for French Bread Pizza
- Go fishy with tuna, anchovies and black olives.
- Go veggie with jarred antipasti peppers, artichokes and courgettes.
- Go really cheesy with mozzarella, blue cheese and mature cheddar.
- Skip the marinara and opt for a layer of pesto with chicken or prawns.
What sides to serve with French Bread Pizza
- Go for a big salad – loads of shredded salad veggies.
- Add a side of homemade coleslaw
- Buttery corn cobs
- Pot of BBQ baked beans
More easy dinner recipes that kids just love!