This Spicy Arrabbiata Sauce recipe is an easy storecupboard vegan pasta dish for a quick weeknight dinner – just 25 minutes from start to finish!
What is arrabiata sauce?
Arrabiata sauce is a quick and easy spicy tomato sauce. It’s naturally vegan and dairy free – packed with flavour and so simple to make.
This is my perfect midweek dinner recipe, it’s quick, it’s spicy and tastes so good! Deliciously Italian and it goes effortlessly alongside any salad or simply dressed steamed greens.
A great go-to recipe for busy weeknights.
Brilliantly quick and tasty vegetarian recipe
- 1 large onion finely chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 1 chilli finely chopped.
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- gnocchi to serve
- Add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onion for around 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and chilli and fry for a couple of minutes, tip in the tinned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Simmer rapidly on a medium heat with the lid off for around 10 minutes so that the sauce reduces and thickens up nicely.
- Cook the gnocchi as per the packed instructions and toss into the sauce.
How to use arrabiata sauce
You can just toss this spicy tomato sauce through freshly cooked pasta or gnocchi or you could try…
- Using it as a pizza sauce for homemade pizzas
- Adding to grilled cheese sandwiches
More quick pasta sauce recipes for you to try
- Pasta alla vodka (advertisement feature recipe)
- Simple tomato pasta sauce
- Red pepper and pine nut pasta