Easy honey and mustard chicken recipe – super tender chicken breast pieces in a simple tasty sauce. Great served with mashed sweet potato or fries – family dinner idea you’ll all just love!
I find that cooking for a family means you need lots of easy chicken breast recipes!
They’d literally eat chicken breast every single night in one way or another.
So I’m always coming up with new chicken breast ideas, just to keep things interesting at dinner time.
Honey and Mustard Chicken Recipe
Our honey and mustard chickens a quick and easy chicken breast recipe. It’s so simple and so tasty and as it’s ready in just 30 minutes it’s a great midweek family dinner, perfect for a busy school night.
With just five ingredients our honey and mustard chicken couldn’t be easier to cook.
Fancy a pan cooked chicken dijon casserole – just switch the wholegrain mustard for Dijon.
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Skillet or frying pan
- Cooking spoon or spatula
Honey and Mustard Chicken Ingredients
To make our chicken mini fillet recipes you will need…
- 1 onion – sliced or chopped (whichever you prefer)
- 600g chicken breast mini fillets – chopped into bitesize pieces
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil or rapeseed oil
How To Make Our Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Our mini chicken fillet recipe is super easy – just follow the steps below
Step One – peel, dice and fry the onion
- Peel and dice the onion
- Add a splash of olive oil to a skillet pan and gently sauté the chopped onion for around 5 minutes or until softening.
Step Two – seal the chicken ready for the honey mustard sauce
- Add the chicken breast pieces and fry them with the onions until the chicken is turning white.
Step Three – make the honey mustard sauce for chicken
- Once the chicken is browned – pour in the hot chicken stock and stir well.
- Add the mustard and honey to the pan with the chicken and onions.
- Stir everything together gently then bring the stock to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook with the lid on for around 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through properly.
- If the honey and mustard gravy needs thickening – do this with a tsp of cornflour stirred into cold water to make a paste and then mix it though the gravy and simmer until thickened.
What To Serve With Honey Mustard Chicken
We love our tasty honey mustard chicken recipe served with…
- fresh pasta with just a scattering of grated parmesan cheese
- served with sweet potato mash and green beans
- serve with fries and a tasty side salad
- used a a pie filling either topped with mashed potatoes or pastry
- add green vegetables like beans, peas or broccoli on the side
- serve with rice and grilled mushrooms.
Make Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta
You could turn our easy chicken in mustard sauce into a honey mustard chicken pasta dish.
Simply toss freshly cooked pasta through the chicken and sauce and then scatter with grated Parmesan cheese and a handful of chopped flat leaf parsley, maybe add some torn basil leaves.
Get our best chicken recipes here – perfect for weeknight dinner
Make Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe Your Way
There’s lots of ways to make our one pan chicken recipes in your own style.
- want some more veggies – throw in some baby button mushrooms.
- no onions – use a leek.
- go fishy and replace the chicken with salmon fillets – just reduce the cooking time.
- want some heat, add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- leftovers taste good next day reheated and served as a baked potato filling or wrapped in pastry as quick little pasties.
Get more chicken mini fillets recipes and meal ideas here
More Easy Tasty Chicken Recipes To Make
If your family love chicken breast then try these simple chicken breast recipes, I think you’ll really like how tasty and easy they are to cook.
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous – a quick and easy pan fried spiced tasty chicken breast recipe served with herby couscous for a quick midweek dinner.
- Easy Spanish Chicken Stew – delicious warming family dinner, serve this easy chicken breast recipe idea with mashed potatoes and green vegetables.
- Chicken Balti Cheat Recipe – super easy cheat’s chicken curry – you’ll just love how this tastes! A great recipe for chicken breast.
- Spicy Chicken Noodles – a quick and easy noodle dish with homemade stir fry sauce, all ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
- Cajun Chicken And Rice – a super easy, flavourful rice dish that’s simple to cook, filling and a real hit with the family! Great for weeknight dinner.
- Garlic Chicken Pasta – a super easy pasta dish, succulent chicken breast tossed with freshly cooked pasta in a rich creamy, garlicky sauce.
Browse all our meat recipes here
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes To Make
Even more tasty things to do with chicken breast for dinner – these recipe use the chicken mini fillets so they’re even quicker to prepare.
Get more quick and easy meals here
- 1 onion
- 600g chicken breasts
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Add the oil to a skillet pan and gently fry the onions.
- Add in the chicken breasts and brown.
- Pour over the chicken stock, add the mustard and honey and stir gently.
- Bring the pan to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for around 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you need to thicken the gravy do this using a tsp of cornflour mixed to a paste with cold water and then stirred through the sauce - simmering until thickened.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 49g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Save our delicious honey and mustard chicken to Pinterest for later!
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here