Easy honey and mustard chicken recipe – super tender chicken breast pieces in a simple tasty sauce. Great served with mashed sweet potato or fries – family dinner idea you’ll all just love!
Honey and Mustard Chicken Recipe
Honey and mustard chicken breast recipe is so simple and so tasty and as it’s ready in just 30 minutes it’s a great midweek family dinner, perfect for a busy school night.
With just five ingredients our honey and mustard chicken couldn’t be easier to cook.
How to make honey and mustard chicken
Add a splash of rapeseed oil to a shallow saucepan or wok style pan, one with a lid. Tip in the finely sliced onions and gently fry for a couple of minutes, add the chicken breast mini fillets, pour over the chicken stock and stir in the honey and mustard. Such a simple and quick chicken recipe to make.
Bring the pan to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer over a low heat with the lid on for 15 minutes. Then take the lid off and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Super easy and delicious midweek dinner.
- 1 Onion - finely sliced
- 600g chicken breast mini fillets
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- tbs rapeseed oil for cooking
- Add a splash of rapeseed oil to the pan and gently fry the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken breast mini fillets to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour over the chicken stock and stir in the honey and mustard.
- Bring the pan to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for around 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for around 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- If the sauce needs thickening, just add a tsp of cornflour to a drop of cold water and stir through the sauce to thicken.
Honey and mustard chicken is delicious served with crispy French fries, creamy mashed potatoes, over some simple boiled rice or buttered noodles. Alongside some steamed green vegetables.
Make honey and mustard chicken your way
- want some more veggies – throw in some baby button mushrooms.
- no onions – use a leek.
- go fishy and replace the chicken with salmon fillets – just reduce the cooking time.
- want some heat, add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- leftovers taste good next day reheated and served as a baked potato filling or wrapped in pastry as quick little pasties.
What goes well with honey and mustard chicken?
We love this tasty chicken dinner served with…
- fresh pasta with just a scattering of grated parmesan cheese
- served with sweet potato mash and green beans
- serve with fries and a tasty side salad
- used a a pie filling either topped with mashed potatoes or pastry
- add green vegetables like beans, peas or broccoli on the side
- serve with rice and grilled mushrooms.
More easy chicken recipes to make
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip