Easy honey and mustard chicken recipe – super tender chicken breast pieces in a simple tasty sauce. Great served with mashed sweet potato or fries – family dinner idea you’ll all just love!
Honey and Mustard Chicken Recipe
Honey and mustard chicken breast recipe is so simple and so tasty and as it’s ready in just 30 minutes it’s a great midweek family dinner, perfect for a busy school night.
With just five ingredients our honey and mustard chicken couldn’t be easier to cook.
Honey and Mustard Chicken Ingredients
- 1 onion – sliced or chopped (whichever you prefer)
- 600g chicken breast mini fillets – chopped into bitesize pieces
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil or rapeseed oil
How to make honey and mustard chicken
- Peel and dice the onion
- Add a splash of olive oil to a skillet pan and gently sauté the chopped onion for around 5 minutes or until softening.
- Add the chicken breast pieces and fry them with the onions until the chicken is turning white.
- Once the chicken is browned – pour in the hot chicken stock and stir well.
- Add the mustard and honey to the pan with the chicken and onions.
- Stir everything together gently then bring the stock to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook with the lid on for around 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through properly.
- If the honey and mustard gravy needs thickening – do this with a tsp of cornflour stirred into cold water to make a paste and then mix it though the gravy and simmer until thickened.
What to serve with honey and mustard chicken
We love this tasty chicken dinner served with…
- fresh pasta with just a scattering of grated parmesan cheese
- served with sweet potato mash and green beans
- serve with fries and a tasty side salad
- used a a pie filling either topped with mashed potatoes or pastry
- add green vegetables like beans, peas or broccoli on the side
- serve with rice and grilled mushrooms.
Make honey and mustard chicken your way
- want some more veggies – throw in some baby button mushrooms.
- no onions – use a leek.
- go fishy and replace the chicken with salmon fillets – just reduce the cooking time.
- want some heat, add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- leftovers taste good next day reheated and served as a baked potato filling or wrapped in pastry as quick little pasties.
More easy chicken recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous – a quick and easy pan fried spiced chicken dish served with herby couscous for a quick midweek dinner.
- Easy Spanish Chicken Stew – delicious warming family dinner, serve with mashed potatoes and green vegetables.
- Chicken Balti Cheat Recipe – super easy cheat’s chicken curry – you’ll just love how this tastes!
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip
- 1 onion
- 600g chicken breasts
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Add the oil to a skillet pan and gently fry the onions.
- Add in the chicken breasts and brown.
- Pour over the chicken stock, add the mustard and honey and stir gently.
- Bring the pan to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for around 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you need to thicken the gravy do this using a tsp of cornflour mixed to a paste with cold water and then stirred through the sauce - simmering until thickened.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 49g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.