A really easy Italian pasta salad, totally loaded with mouthwatering flavours, there’s only 10 minutes of cooking needed to throw this meal together, making it perfect for eating on hot days or making ahead and keeping in the fridge.
Quick and easy flavoursome pasta salad
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 200g baby plum tomatoes - cut into halves
- 250g mini mozzarella balls
- 100g salami - snipped into slices
- 100g jarred peppers - sliced
- 50g pitted black olives - halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- pinch sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp dijion mustard
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, once it's cooked tip it into a colander and rinse under cold running water until it's cold.
- In a large dish mix together the pasta, baby plum tomatoes, mini mozzarella balls, salami, peppers and olives.
- Mix up a quick dressing - whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, dried oregano, pinch of sea salt and black pepper and teaspoon of mustard.
- Tip the desired amount over your pasta salad and toss everything together.
- Scatter over some fresh chopped basil.
Make Italian pasta salad your way
- switch the salami for chorizo or chopped ham.
- add in some grated Parmesan cheese.
- play around with the veggies, try grilled courgette slices, cucumber, chopped avocado or sautéed mushrooms.
- opt for a creamy dressing instead of adding the homemade Italian dressing, or save time and buy a salad dressing you fancy.
How to serve Italian pasta salad
- Delicious as an easy midweek dinner, especially on warm days.
- Great for packing into lunch boxes.
- Serve as a picnic side dish.