Our quick and easy lamb curry recipe is really simple to prepare, fast to cook and oh so good to eat, making it perfect for busy weeknights when you want something bursting with flavour but on your plate fast.
This is the curry the kids ask me to make the most – it’s mild and delicious.
Quick and easy lamb curry - great for busy weeknights
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 heaped tsp mild curry powder
- 300g minced lamb
- 100g baby plum tomatoes
- 500g new potatoes - peeled and diced
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- small bunch coriander
- salt to season
- Boil the diced potatoes in water for 6-7 minutes or until just tender, drain and set on one side.
- Add the sunflower oil to a pan - tip in the garlic and onions and gently fry for 5 minutes, add in the curry powder.
- Tip in the minced lamb and baby plum tomatoes and stir fry for around 5 minutes to brown the mince.
- Add the potatoes and peas and season with salt - put the lid over the pan and cook for around 15 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Scatter in the chopped coriander.
Make lamb and potato curry your way
- Our curry is quite a dry curry, like keema, if you like your curry saucier – add in a tin of tomatoes.
- Go hotter and switch up the mild curry powder for hot.
- Add in more veggies – try aubergine and spinach.
- Go lower fat and switch the lamb mince for turkey.
How to server lamb and potato curry
- Serve with plain boiled rice add a side of Indian spiced salad, maybe a naan bread.
- Perfect for mid week dinner.
- Eat leftovers next day reheated for lunch – or turn into curried pasties.
Try our tasty lamb flatbread recipe here!
Love curry? Try one of our easy curry recipes here
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get more easy Indian recipes here
If you love to cook with lamb then you’ll love these tasty lamb dishes.
Browse all our meat recipes here