This Mediterranean tart is so quick and so easy you can have it ready on the table in under 30 minutes. Ideal for an easy midweek meal, quick lunch or even as a little late night snack.
To make this easy Mediterranean tart you’ll need a ready rolled puff pastry sheet, spread the tart with sun dried tomato pesto, scatter over slices of chargrilled red pepper and black olives, both from a jar. Then top with some feta cubes and slices of parma ham. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and then bake for around 20 minutes. So simple.
Really quick and easy tart that's great for a quick dinner.
- Sheet of Jus-Rol ready rolled puff pastry
- 1/2 jar of sun dried tomato pesto
- handful of black olives
- 1 chargrilled pepper - cut into strips
- 100g feta cheese chopped into cubes
- 4 slices of parma ham
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat the oven to 190C
- Unroll the puff pastry and place on a nonstick baking tray. Make an indent all the way around the pastry around 2cm from the edge.
- Spread the middle of the pastry with the sun dried tomato pesto, scatter over the olives, the chargrilled peppers and feta cheese cubes. Snip the parma ham into smaller pieces and lay onto the tart.
- Brush the outside edges of the tart with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and the cheese just starting to brown.
Make it your way…
- Switch around the flavours, use a green basil pesto instead of sun dried tomato.
- Change the toppings add chorizo, tuna or anchovies, thinly sliced mushrooms or courgettes.
- Go vegetarian and skip the meat, just add more feta and vegetables.
Love your leftovers…
- This tart is fine eaten cold next day or taken for packed lunches.