Who says meatballs need to be made with beef? Our easy sausage meatballs are packed with flavour and super quick to make – perfect for an easy midweek meal!
Sausage meatballs with pasta is right up there with the kids favourite teas. It makes a really quick and easy midweek meal. Just 30 minutes from start to finish – perfect for feeding hungry kids!
Can you make meatballs with sausages?
You absolutely can make meatballs with sausages and best of all they’re already packed with flavoursome herbs and spices and so it’s really quick to turn them into easy meatballs.
How do you make sausage meatballs?
It’s so easy – just split the sausage skins – flip out the sausage meat and divide it into 4 equal sections – that’s it done! You can roll them a little more ball like if you want to.
How to cook sausage meatballs?
Just gently fry them in a pan over a low-medium heat for around 20 minutes or until cooked throughout. Then toss them through tomato sauce and serve with pasta.
What to serve with sausage meatballs
- Serve the sausage meatballs tossed together with tomato and basil sauce and freshly cooked penne pasta.
- Serve them stirred through flavoured rice with veggies like peas, corn, spring onions for a quick and easy dinner. Add a spoonful of soured cream or natural yogurt sprinkled with black pepper and lemon zest.
- Serve them stuffed into toasted pitta breads with salad and freshly made coleslaw.
More easy sausage recipes for you to try
- Best sausage sandwiches
- Sausage with spicy rice
- Sausage gnocchi bake (advertisement featured recipe)
You might also love our Meal Planning 101 for loads of family dinner inspiration
Hit subscribe below for daily food and lifestyle inspiration
- Splash of olive oil
- Clove garlic - finely chopped
- Onion - finely chopped
- 6 plump sausages
- Tin chopped tomatoes
- pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper to season
- 300g dried pasta - fusilli or penne
- Parmesan shavings
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large non stick pan - over a low heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and onion - stir every few minutes.
- Meanwhile - de-skin the sausages - using a sharp knife slice the sausage skin length ways and flip the sausage meat out of the skin.
- Slice the sausage into around 6 pieces each to create mini sausage meatballs and pop into the pan with the onions and garlic. (this should take around 5-10 minutes)
- Turn the heat up a little and brown the sausage meatballs.
- Once browned add the chopped tomatoes, pinch of chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook with the lid off for 20 minutes.
- When there is 12 minutes cooking time left put the pasta on to cook - tip the pasta into a pan of boiling salted water with a splash of olive oil. Bring back to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for around 10 minutes - stir a few times during cooking to prevent the pasta sticking together.
- Once pasta is cooked - drain it and add it to the sausage meatball and tomato sauce - mix well to coat everything.
- To serve spoon into dishes and scatter with parmesan shavings.
Serve this with buttered peas & corn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 1373mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.