Our Easy Sausage Traybake is so simple to make and is a HUGE family favourite! Total comfort food that’s perfect for a cold day.
How to make sausage traybake
Our Easy Sausage Traybake is super simple – parboil the potatoes for just 5 minutes then drain and toss together with the butternut squash and onions – toss in olive oil and herbs and then tip into a roasting tin.
Add in the sausages and roast in the oven for around 45 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
A super easy one tray dinner and everyone loves one of those – right?
Easy family dinner for autumn
- 8-10 thick sausages
- 1kg baby new potatoes - left whole or halve the bigger ones.
- 1 butternut squash (or bag of ready to use butternut squash wedges)
- 1 large red onion - cut into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Scrub the potatoes and parboil for around 5 minutes - drain and toss together with the butternut squash wedges, onion wedges, olive oil and Italian herbs.
- Tip into the roasting tin and add the sausages.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for around 35 - 45 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Make sausage traybake your way
- Go veggie and use vegetarian sausages – adjusting the cooking time as necessary
- Try healthier lower fat chicken sausages.
- Switch up the vegetables – try sweet potatoes, peppers or swede wedges.
- Add more flavour with a little pesto drizzled over half way through cooking.
- Turn it into sticky sausage traybake by adding a good drizzle of honey or even sweet chilli sauce towards the end of the cooking time.
What to eat with Sausage traybake
You can eat the Sausage Traybake just as it is or try serving with…
- Serve with a side of peas or seasonal greens.
- Some garlic bread slices