Sausage traybake is super easy, you can load it up with whatever veggies you fancy, swap and change the sausages you use to give it a different flavour and it’s a one tray dinner and we love a one tray dinner!
Easy family dinner for autumn
- 8-10 thick sausages
- 1kg baby new potatoes - left whole or halve the bigger ones.
- 1 butternut squash (or bag of ready to use butternut squash wedges)
- 1 large red onion - cut into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Scrub the potatoes and parboil for around 5 minutes - drain and toss together with the butternut squash wedges, onion wedges, olive oil and Italian herbs.
- Tip into the roasting tin and add the sausages.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for around 35 - 45 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Make sausage traybake your way
- Go veggie and use vegetarian sausages – adjusting the cooking time as necessary
- Try healthier lower fat chicken sausages.
- Add in whatever veggies you fancy – try sweet potatoes, peppers or swede wedges.
How to serve sausage traybake
- Serve with a side of peas, some garlic bread slices and a dollop of your favourite sauce.
- Perfect for weeknights or as an alternative to Sunday roast.