A rich, warming Spanish Chicken Stew – our super easy family recipe will fast become a favourite! Serve with crusty bread or herby roast potatoes for a super easy family dinner idea.
We just LOVE this Spanish Chicken Stew recipe – a rich and warming stew with all the lovely Spanish flavours of chorizo, paprika and herbs. It’s packed with vegetables and oh so simple to throw together making it ideal as a family meal idea.
Switch the chicken breast for chicken mini fillets if your prefer.
Super tasty chicken casserole
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 red onion - diced
- 1 clove garlic - finely chopped
- 1 Romano pepper - sliced
- 600g diced chicken breast
- 200g cooking chorizo sausages, sliced into discs
- 1/2 glass red wine
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley - chopped
- Heat the oven to 180C. I use a cast iron pan for this recipe that can be used on the hob and in the oven.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan and gently sauté the onions and garlic over a low heat for 5 -10 minutes.
- Tip in the diced chicken and seal the meat.
- Add the chorizo and cook gently for 5 minutes so the lovely smoky spicy flavour mixes with the chicken.
- Tip in the peppers and stir in the wine.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, smoked paprika and dried oregano. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the boiling water and bring the casserole to a gentle boil.
- Cook in the oven for around 1 hour 30 minutes until the chicken is lovely and tender and the casserole thickened.
- Sprinkle over chopped flat leaf parsley before serving.
Make our Spanish Chicken Stew Recipe Your Way
- Add in extra vegetables – try courgettes or stretch the recipe to feed more by adding a tin of chickpeas.
- Make this a one pot meal and add in new potatoes to cook in the casserole – you’ll need to adjust the liquid maybe add a little stock and check the casserole doesn’t dry out whilst cooking.
How to serve Spanish Chicken Stew
- Delicious for a laid back weekend dinner – serve with crispy lemon and rosemary roast potatoes or soft fluffy rice and a pile of fresh greens – broccoli, cabbage or green beans, simply dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and chopped capers.
- Leftovers are great in a baked potato next day or stirred through freshly cooked pasta.
More easy chicken stew recipes to make
More Chicken Mini Fillets Recipes to make
- Sticky Moroccan Chicken with Herby Couscous
- Slow Cooker Peri Peri Chicken Stew
- Moroccan Chicken Strips with Yogurt Dip