Our super tasty vegan burger is simple to make and packed with flavour.
Made from a delicious combination of chickpeas, nuts, vegetables, oats and spices you can throw these together really easily. Best of all they only take a few minutes on each side to cook to, so they’re ready to eat fast.
Tasty, healthy vegan burger recipe
- splash of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- onion - diced
- red pepper - diced
- 30g pine nuts
- small handful of oats
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 bread rolls
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato
- any other toppings you like
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan - gently fry the garlic, onion and pepper until soft, then leave to one side to cool completely.
- In a food processor blitz the pine nuts and oats until they're smooth.
- Tip in the chickpeas and pulse so you get a chunky textured paste.
- Tip the chickpea, nut and oat mixture into a mixing bowl with the cold onions and peppers.
- Add the harissa paste and cumin and a pinch of salt and mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture into four and form into burger patties - using flour on your hands will help here.
- Leave the burgers in the fridge to firm up for an hour or two before cooking.
- To cook just fry in a little olive oil for around 4 minutes each side until browned.
Make vegan burgers your own way
- go spicier with a pinch of chilli flakes
- grate in some root veggies – try beetroot or carrot
- add in some lemon zest and chopped coriander
How to serve vegan burgers
- as midweek dinner with sweet potato wedges and tomato salsa
PS… you might also just LOVE our Vegan Broccoli & Tomato Spaghetti recipe