Looking for a super easy vegan pasta recipe then here it is! Our tasty vegan pasta with tomatoes and aubergine takes just 15 minutes from start to finish – making it the perfect healthy choice for a quick and easy midweek dinner!
How to make vegan pasta sauces
Cooking up vegan pasta sauces is actually super simple! Just remember to stick to olive oil over butter and use vegan cheese and dairy alternatives. There’s so many naturally meat free pasta recipes that use nuts and a whole variety of vegetables that pasta is actually a great standby vegan meal you can cook up in minutes.
Obviously… Always check the pasta contains no animal products in the ingredient list if you stick to a strict vegan diet.
Vegan pasta with tomato and aubergine
This is one of my favourite vegan pasta recipes – mainly because it just takes minutes to make and tastes amazing! Aubergine makes the dish nice and substantial and filling.
First of all pop the pasta on to cook and while it cooks throw together your sauce.
For the Tomato and Aubergine Sauce – add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and throw in the diced aubergines – one they start to colour add the chopped garlic, sizzle for a minute then pour in the passata. For speed and maximum flavour choose a ready flavoured passata – we like the garlic and Italian herb variety for this dish.
Simmer the aubergines and tomatoes with the lid off until the pasta cooks then tip the cooked pasta in to the sauce and mix well – serve with scattering of freshly chopped basil.
Super easy vegan dinner.
- 350g dried pasta
- splash olive oil
- 2 aubergines - diced into bitesized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 690g jar of passata with Italian herbs
- sea salt and black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil to serve
- Put the pasta on to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan and gently fry the aubergines until colouring.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
- Pour in the flavoured passata and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid off until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir well to coat it all.
- Serve scattered with fresh basil.
How to make vegan pasta sauce your way…
- Add in more veggies – try courgettes or peppers.
- Serve with a scattering of toasted pine nuts or flaked almonds.
- If you like your sauce creamy – stir some vegan yogurt through the tomato sauce before serving.