I do a deep clean of the bathroom once a week and then depending on how much time I have and how dirty the bathroom is, I’ll either do this quick 5 minute bathroom blitz or a longer 15 minute bathroom clean.
Before I start my 5 minute bathroom clean I always do these 3 things, which I find really motivating and mood lifting, and well if you’ve got to clean, may as well feel good doing it.
- Open the windows wide
- Turn the music up loud
- Set my timer for 5 minutes
In a 5 minute blitz of the bathroom I can usually fly through the chores below.
- Throw any dirty or overly wet towels and mats into the laundry basket.
- Wipe down the toilet cistern, flusher and seat with Dettol antibacterial surface cleaner.
- Tip some Bloo Foam Aroma down the toilet and leave to fizz – then do a quick scrub with the toilet brush.
- Spray the bathroom sink with Dettol antibacterial surface cleaner then do a quick wipe over with a clean micro-fibre cloth.
You might be wondering about the bath/shower, right? Well that gets cleaned after each use by whoever used it so I don’t need to include that in my quick clean up.
That’s it – just a simple 5 minutes before I leave the house in the morning means I’m coming home to a clean bathroom.
The key to these really fast tidy ups as always is having a really well organised house and not hoarding clutter. Find out more about how I manage the housework and organise the house here and you can grab our room by room spring cleaning checklists here.
Want a really clean bathroom? Get our best bathroom cleaning tips here.
You might just LOVE our Housework 101 – it shows you how to tackle the housework, declutter, organise and get yourself in a cleaning routine to suit your lifestyle.
For a clean and tidy home get our BEST cleaning tips here
Get more home and garden tips here