With Halloween just around the corner we’ve been cooking up some magic in the kitchen. Our edible witch wands are just perfect for Halloween parties and trick or treating.
Super easy to make. You’ll just need a packet of plain breadsticks, some white chocolate and some brightly coloured cake sprinkles.
We opted for bright green sugar, blue sparkly rocks and popping candy, just to keep in the whole Halloween colour scheme.
Simply melt the chocolate by breaking it into small pieces, popping it in a jug and standing the jug in some boiling water. Then once the chocolate is melted, dip the ends of the breadsticks into the chocolate and then into the sprinkles.
Just a tip… leave them to set lay down otherwise the magic chocolatey sprinkles drip down the wand.
A brilliant make for getting kids involved in the kitchen, although…. the popping candy won’t last long!
Make edible witch wands your way
- cater to a more grown up taste and use dark chocolate and sea salt or crushed honeycomb.
- dip them in marshmallow fluff instead of melted chocolate.
- you could go savoury and dip them in cream cheese and bacon bits…
- Get all our Halloween recipes here – perfect for fuelling up your little ghosts and ghouls!
You might also like our disgustingly good bogey bites!
- Packet of plain breadsticks
- 100g white chocolate
- Cake sprinkles - choose whatever you like, we opted for green sugar, blue rocks and popping candy.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a glass jug. Stand the jug in boiling water and stir the chocolate with a spoon until it all melts.
- Dip the breadsticks into the chocolate and then into the sprinkles
- Allow them to set lay down so they don't drip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Get all our easy dessert recipes here
Get loads more Halloween ideas here
Love sweet stuff? – get our most delicious recipes here