Mmmmm let me introduce my favourite summery brunch, you’ll just love it! Delicious eggy bread crumpets with summer berries a scattering of fresh herbs and a drizzle of maple syrup. So easy to make, so good to eat and it’s one the kids will love too.
All you’ll need to do is beat some eggs, dip the crumpets, fry gently then top with lovely summer strawberries and raspberries and drizzle with syrup and a scattering of herbs, I like just a touch of cracked black pepper too, it goes really nicely with strawberries. This brunch will be on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Get more delicious Sunday brunch recipes here!
Make it your way…
- No crumpets? Just use thick cut bread instead.
- Try blueberries and kiwi to top your eggy bread.
- Add some crispy fried bacon cubes.
- Splash of olive oil or knob of butter for frying
- 4 crumpets
- 4 eggs
- 400g strawberries
- 200g raspberries
- maple syrup to serve
- black pepper to serve
- small handful of freshly chopped basil and mint
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil/butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip the crumpets into the egg mixture and coat both sides.
- Pop them into the frying pan and cook for around 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Slide them onto plates and top with strawberries and raspberries. Scatter over the basil and mint and drizzle over the maple syrup and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 11g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get more delicious easy breakfast recipes here
Get more easy egg recipes and how to use up eggs here