Sunday is always better with brunch, and brunch is always better if it includes bacon! Our delicious eggy bread topped with oak smoked bacon and sweet juicy blueberries, finished with a drizzle of maple syrup is totally delicious. Perfect for laid back weekend brunch.
Perfect weekend brunch
- 4 thick slices of bread (whatever bread you like)
- 4 eggs
- knob of butter
- 4 slices of smoked bacon
- 125g blueberries
- maple syrup
- Heat the grill to high.
- Whisk together the eggs and pour them onto a large plate.
- Dip the bread into the egg and coat both sides with the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and gently fry the eggy bread - turning 3-4 times as it cooks.
- Whilst the eggy bread cooks grill the bacon to your liking.
- To serve - put the eggy bread onto plates, top with bacon scatter over the blueberries and drizzle with maple syrup.
Make Eggy Bread your way
- Go veggie and skip the bacon – just top with blueberries, maybe add a sliced banana.
- Add a little heat with some freshly chopped chilli in the egg mixture.
- Scatter over chopped fresh mint or flat leaf parsley.
- Cut the calories and skip the maple syrup.
How to serve Eggy Bread with Bacon and Blueberries
- Perfect for weekend brunch with coffee or orange juice.
- As a quick and easy weeknight dinner – maybe switch the blueberries for mushrooms.