There’s always room in life for our fairy bread recipe – fact! Fairy bread love hearts make a super simple party food, tea party snack or kids breakfast treat.
How To Make Fairy Bread
I don’t know about you but I like childhood to be just a little bit magical and making a batch of fairy bread really helps that magic to pop! Super cute celebration ideas.
Seriously it couldn’t be easier to make fairy bread – you just need the cheap white sliced bread, butter and sugar sprinkles – that’s it. Perfect little breakfast to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
It’s so simple and it’s an easy snack kids can make for themselves!
How To Make Bread Shapes
If you’re making shaped fairy bread then it’s way easier to cut out the shapes of bread first.
Loads more ideas for family celebrations here!
Once they’re cut then add the butter otherwise the the buttery shapes will keep getting caught up in the cookie cutters.
Can You Make Sprinkle Bread The Night Before?
You can, BUT…. the colour from the sugar sprinkles might run into your butter as the butter can make the sprinkles a bit soggy.
Get more easy recipes to try here
Make The Fairy Bread Recipe Your Way
Make our kid friendly recipes your way…
- If you want to be healthier use wholemeal bread
- Switch up the sprinkles, use different colours or shapes – little silver balls and blue stars work well.
- I sometimes like to add a little extra magical touch and sprinkle over edible glitter too.
- Change the love hearts to stars or other shapes – they’re easy to match to party themes too.
More Kids Sandwich Recipes To Try…
Get more snacks for kids here
- Owl toast – the cutest EVER kids toasted sandwich – load up toasted muffins with peanut butter and create little owl features using fruit.
- Mini pittas with cheddar and apple – these stuffed pittas are lovely and healthy for lunch – kids could even make them for themselves.
- Peanut butter and banana toast – the perfect breakfast – delicious warm toast, spread thickly with peanut butter and topped with sliced bananas. Delicious!
- Pancake Recipe – a delicious easy English pancake recipe that’s perfect for breakfast
Get breakfast ideas for kids here
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tbs butter
- 3 tbs sugar sprinkles
- Cut love heart shapes out of the bread using a cookie cutter.
- Butter the bread hearts
- Sprinkle over the sugar sprinkles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Save our Fairy Bread Recipe on Pinterest for later!
You might also just LOVE our gorgeous Pink Wafer Valentines Biscuits here