There’s always room in life for fairy bread – fact! Fairy bread love hearts make a super simple party food, tea party snack or kids breakfast treat.
How to make fairy bread
Seriously it couldn’t be easier to make fairy bread – you just need the cheap white sliced bread, butter and sugar sprinkles – that’s it.
How to make fairy bread shapes
If you’re making shaped fairy bread then it’s way easier to cut out the shapes of bread first and then add the butter otherwise the the buttery shapes will keep getting caught up in the cookie cutters.
Super cute fairy bread love hearts that are perfect for a little tea party.
- 2 slices of white bread
- Small pot of cake sprinkles
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter - cut out hearts from the sliced bread.
- Butter the hearts and shake over the cake sprinkles
Can you make fairy bread the night before?
You can, BUT…. the colour from the sugar sprinkles might run into your butter as the butter can make the sprinkles a bit soggy.
Make fairy bread your way…
- if you want to be healthier use wholemeal bread
- switch up the sprinkles, use different colours or shapes – little silver balls and blue stars work well.
- change the love hearts to stars or other shapes – they’re easy to match to party themes too.