Fairy potions are the perfect magical concoction for adding a touch of sparkle to your whimsical fairy party.
Childhood should be filled with magic wherever you can squeeze it in and there’s nothing more sweet than a little magical afternoon fairy tea party in the garden.
It’s extra special if you can let your little fairies mix up their own delicious, sweet fairy potions to drink in the sunshine.
Our sparkly fairy potion is a fizzy summer fruit drink that’s just perfect for serving at any fairy or magical themed party or even just because every day should squeeze in some magic.
The drinks are packed with fresh summer berries and you can mix them up with either lemonade or sparkling water whichever you prefer.
The final touch of fairy dust…. oh okay then edible glitter just makes them sparkly and extra pretty.
Fairy Potion Ingredients
To mix up your fairy potions you’ll just need a handful of ingredients
- Bottle of lemonade or sparkling water (whichever you prefer)
- Small bottle of red berry cordial (we use Vimto)
- Handful of berries per bottle – we use plump raspberries and sweet strawberry slices
- 1 tsp edible glitter or drink shimmer to add sparkle
- Optional – fresh mint leaves – or see if you can get some strawberry mint it’s delicious!
How to make fairy potions
- Add a splash of cordial to the bottom of each drink bottle
- Pop in your straws – we use reusable stainless steel straws, they come in silver, rose gold, copper and a sparkly blue colour
- Push the raspberries and strawberries into the bottles, use the straws to push them down.
- Top up the bottles with lemonade (or sparkling water)
- Then take a tsp full of magic fairy dust (….edible glitter)
- Tip the fairy dust into the fairy potions and mix it in with the straw.
- The drink will have a pearlescent shine to it and the bubbles on top will turn a sparkly silver.
- Drink your fairy potions and enjoy!
Make fairy potion your way
Hey, if fairies aren’t your thing then go for a Pixie Potion instead, fill those bottles with kiwi, limes and lemon slices add lime cordial and top up with lemonade or sparkling water.
How to serve fairy potions
Our fairy potion drinks are just perfect for any fairy occasion… decorate the garden, string up some fairy lights and bunting and throw a beautiful fairy party!
- Fairy themed birthday parties
- Fairy garden party
- Fairy tea parties
- Whimsical fairy parties in the moonlight
Love fairies? Try these fairy crafts and fairy foods
- Fairy bread – add a spread of cute little fairy bread sandwiches to your fairy party – little buttered hearts sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.
- Make fairy wings – pick twigs, flowers and leaves and stick them onto cardboard fairy wings for a beautiful fairy costume. Make fairy crowns too to finish the look.
Save our fairy potions on Pinterest for later!
- 1 litre lemonade
- 100ml red berry cordial
- 250g strawberries
- 250g raspberries
- 4 tsp edible glitter
- Pour a shot of red berry cordial into the glass bottles.
- Add strawberry slices and raspberries
- Fill up the bottles with lemonade
- Add a tsp of edible glitter and stir using the straw
Cut calories and sugar content by switching lemonade for sparkling water
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 6gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.