Fajitas are fab for sharing. Make Friday fajita night and cook up a Mexican style feast.
To make the fajita chicken you’ll just need to fry up sliced chicken breast with onions and peppers and throw in delicious spices like cumin and smoked paprika for that Mexican vibe. Serve alongside tortilla wraps, shredded lettuce, sweetcorn, sour cream, grated Monterey Jack cheese, some hot sauce and a dish of potato wedges.
Fun food that’s ready in minutes – just let everyone make up their own fajitas at the table.
Fun, tasty fajita night!
- 450g chicken breast strips
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 tbs garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to season
- Add a splash of garlic olive oil to a wok style pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Throw in the sliced chicken and stir fry briskly for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions.
- Tip in the cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, sugar and lime juice - season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to fry until the vegetables have softened and the chicken has cooked through.
Serve alongside tortilla wraps, grated cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, sweetcorn and hot sauce.
Make it your way…
- Don’t fancy chicken? Add prawns or strips of steak instead.
- Want more heat? Add a big pinch of chilli flakes into the chicken fajita mix.
- Want to go veggie? Skip the chicken and add courgettes and a couple of tins of black beans.