Fresh and healthy Falafel Pitta Lunch Bowl – a super easy vegan lunch idea that’s bursting with flavour and really quick to make!
This is one of my favourite go-to easy healthy lunch recipes. It’s super quick to make and it’s totally portable so if you’re at work – pack it in a lunchbox and take it to eat on the go.
How to make falafel pitta lunch bowl
We often cheat with this recipe and buy ready to eat falafel but you can make your own – it’s easy! The Easy Vegan Falafel recipe from Loving it Vegan is super tasty and simple to cook.
To put your vegan lunch bowl together just throw in some lettuce, add in some crunchy salad vegetables, add the falafel, add a generous spoonful of vegan yogurt and mint dressing and add a handful of toasted pitta chips.
Falafel Pitta Lunch Bowl
- 1 Litte Gem Lettuce – shredded
- 1/4 Cucumber – sliced
- 1/4 Small Red Cabbage – shredded
- 1 Carrot – grated
- 1 Red Pepper – sliced
- 2 tbsp Greek Yogurt – choose vegan yogurt if making this recipe vegan
- 2 tsp Chopped Mint
- 1 Handful Black Olives – pitted
- 1 Pack Falafel (you need 8-10)
- 2 Pitta Breads
Fill up the lunch bowl – add lettuce, cucumber, peppers, cabbage, carrots and olives.
Mix up the Greek yogurt with the chopped mint – add a spoonful to each bowl.
Toast the pitta breads and slice into strips – add to the bowls.
Put the falfel in the bowls.
How to make Falafel Pitta Sandwich
If you don’t fancy a lunch bowl – then get yourself some large pitta breads (or even flatbreads) toast then split open and fill with the falafel and salad ingredients – topping with minty yogurt dressing.
Make a vegan lunch bowl your way
Throwing together a vegan lunch bowl is super easy – you could try….
- serving with wild rice or couscous.
- adding in a sprinkling of toasted nuts or seeds
- add in some roast veggies – try sweet potatoes or beets.
- make an easy hummus to go alongside. Try our easy beetroot hummus recipe here.
More easy vegan lunch ideas to try
- Vegan Pasta with Tomatoes & Aubergine
- Grilled Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich Stack (be sure to use Vegan yogurt in the dressing)
- Grilled Veggies and Pesto Ciabatta (be sure to use Vegan pesto)