A healthy, nutritious and easy lunch recipe that’s packed full of taste and good stuff. This is a lunch I make myself when I’m on a little ‘try to be healthier’ kick. It’s easy and really feel good.
You can skip the feta if you like but I think it makes it extra tasty and gives the wrap more oomph!
Make feta and veggie wraps your way
- No time to roast a pepper – just use a couple of jarred chargrilled ones, just pat off some of the oil they’re stored in otherwise your wrap will be soggy.
- Switch the feta for halloumi or mozzarella.
- Switch the carrot slaw for fennel slaw or shop bought coleslaw.
- Add in more roast veggies – aubergine, courgette and mushrooms work well.
How to serve feta and veggie wraps
- Perfect for lunch just as they are.
- Eat them for dinner maybe with a side of sweet potato wedges.
- 2 flour wraps
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 avocado - sliced
- 50g feta cheese crumbled
- handful of pitted black olives
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley and basil - roughly chopped
- heat the oven to 200C and put the pepper into a roasting tin, no oil or seasoning needed. Cook in the oven until it starts to brown and soften. Then remove from the oven, slice and scrape out the seeds.
- Whilst the pepper roasts - make up the carrot slaw, grate the carrot, add the rice vinegar and sesame oil and a pinch of salt and black pepper - stir through using a fork.
- Put together your wraps - layer them up, carrot slaw, peppers, avocado, olives, feta and top with chopped herbs. Wrap and eat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.