Super easy Italian bruschetta recipe, our simple fig and prosciutto bruschetta make the perfect little party appetisers.
I love bruschetta, I love how easy they are to make and how fresh and tasty the ingredients are, they literally burst with flavour, perfect with a glass of bubbles.
Flavoursome and simple party appetisers
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- olive oil
- garlic clove - peeled and left whole
- 250g mozzarella - torn into strips
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 4 juicy ripe figs - quartered
- handful of basil
- Lightly toast the sourdough bread.
- Rub the surface of the bread with the garlic clove.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil then top with mozzarella strips a slice of prosciutto, fig and some torn basil leaves.
- Add another little drizzle of olive oil.
Make bruschetta your way
- Mix up the toppings and add whatever you fancy – try freshly chopped tomatoes with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil or try mozzarella with chilli and sage or a little fig jam with blue cheese and walnuts.
How to serve bruschetta
- Perfect alongside some other Italian style nibbles for a laid back evening.