We’ve teamed up with Sainsbury’s to create a delicious ‘switch the fish’ family recipe.
Sainsbury’s is inspiring the nation to enjoy more fish this summer with ‘switch the fish’. On Friday 12th June customers will be encouraged to try out different fish by being offered a free portion of a ‘lesser known’ fish from the fish counters when they ask for one of the ‘big 5’ fish.
If a customer asks for one of the ‘big 5’ fish – salmon, tuna, haddock, cod or prawns from one of the 400 fish counters in Sainsbury’s supermarkets they’ll be offered a portion of one of the four alternative fish for free – sea bass, coley, hake or loch trout.
We’ve been cooking up a Mexican feast using fresh hake. Our delicious and light chipotle spiced hake tacos make a quick and easy weeknight family meal.
Zingy fishy little tacos - healthy quick family dinner
- 600g hake fillets
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1/2 small red cabbage - shredded
- Little gem lettuce - shredded
- handful of radish - finely sliced
- small tin sweetcorn
- 4 tomatoes - deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of a lime
- small onion - finely chopped
- handful of coriander - roughly chopped
- 8 mini deli wraps
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Rub the hake fillets with the chipotle paste - loosely wrap in tin foil parcel sealing all edges. Put the foil parcel onto a baking tray and bake the hake in the oven for around 18 minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst it cooks make up a quick fresh tomato salsa - mix the chopped tomatoes, tin of corn and chopped onion with the juice of half a lime and chopped coriander.
- Once the hake is cooked flake the fish into bitesize pieces.
- Load up the tacos with lettuce, shredded cabbage, radishes and chipotle hake. Top with spoonfuls of the fresh tomato salsa.
Delicious served with a side of fries or cheesy topped nachos.
All the alternative fish are ideal for cooking on the BBQ or served up as part of a summer dish. As part of Sainsbury’s ‘Get Summer Started’ campaign the four alternative fish will be on offer from 10th – 23rd June.
- Fresh coley fillets – £6/kg
- Cornish hake – £8/kg
- Loch trout £2/140g fillet
- Sea bass £1.75/70g fillet
- Whole trout £2/250g
For additional inspiration head over to Sainsbury’s homemade by you
Disclosure: Sainsbury’s provided the ingredients for this recipe free of charge