Five easy family dinner recipes you can make with a box of fish fingers!
Everyone always has a box of fish fingers in the freezer… right?
And… if you’re cooking for kids then you’re definitely going to love these recipes! Fish fingers are a kids staple in our house!
Here’s five delicious things you can make using fish fingers for those days when only fish fingers will do.
What goes with fish fingers for dinner?
Fish fingers are actually really versatile and kids just love them! So we’ve come up with five new easy family dinner ideas you can make using fish fingers that everyone will love. So here’s our fish finger meal ideas.
Ultimate Fish Finger Sandwich Recipe
For the ULTIMATE fish finger sandwich – split open a warm wholegrain bread roll, spread with a layer of mayonnaise, add some salad leaves, slide on your fish fingers and top with tartar sauce.
Our fish finger sandwiches are delicious served with a side of potato wedges and a pot of pesto pea dip (a delicious sneaky little way of getting extra veggies into the kids diets)
Get the Pesto Pea Dip recipe here.
Fish Fingers and Chips Recipe
Serve your fish fingers with a side of oven baked wedges and a pot of homemade creamy mushy peas.
To make the mushy peas, cook the peas then whizz them in the food processor with a spoonful of cream cheese, try using a garlic and herb flavoured cheese for added taste.
Fish Finger Waffle Stack Recipe
Stack up those potato waffles with fish fingers, add a handful of grated cheese and melt under the grill.
Fish finger waffle stacks are extra nice with a good squirt of hot chilli sauce or pot of BBQ beans.
Fish Finger Wrap Recipe
Grab yourself a wrap and spread it with creamy mayonnaise.
Then load it up with crunchy salad – you know the ones, the ready to eat salad packs with Iceberg lettuce, red cabbage and carrots. Add on some cucumber slices too.
Slide on the cooked fish fingers and drizzle over the ketchup.
Serve with a side of oven fries and maybe some sweetcorn cobs or a pot of baked beans.
Fish Finger Pie Recipe
Add a layer of cooked fish fingers to a small deep oven proof dish (you might want to tip over a tin of warmed baked beans here too….)
Top the layered fish fingers with creamy mashed potato – you could stir some cooked peas and corn into the mash if you like.
Then add a layer of grated cheese over the top of the potatoes and then brown under the grill until the cheese is melting and bubbling.
Things to serve with fish fingers
Loads of things go with fish fingers for dinner – try
- Herby diced potatoes – a delicious potato side dish that kids just LOVE – gently spiced with paprika and mixed herbs and finished with soured cream, spring onions and fresh chives.
- Easy bean salad – a quick and easy mixed bean salad in vinaigrette dressing. Great alongside a convenience food meal as it adds extra fibre and portion of vegetables.
- Nando’s style peas – we just LOVE these homemade Nando’s style peas – spicy, minty, buttery peas – our favourite way to eat them.
More easy dinner ideas to make
- Cajun prawn tacos – simple taco recipe with Cajun spiced prawns and a mango salad – sweet, juicy and delicious. Great for a quick midweek dinner.
- Smoky beef burritos – load up the table with smoky beef and lots of toppings and let everyone dive in and make up their own burritos.
- Homemade chicken dippers – a healthy twist on chicken dippers – these baked homemade dippers are super easy and super tasty.