An effortlessly simple but elegant summer cocktail, we’ve twisted the French 75 recipe and used Prosecco and delicately flavoured Lavender edition of Masons Yorkshire Gin from 31Dover
The gin has a delicate Lavender scent and subtle sweet flavour which combines beautifully with Prosecco in this sweet summery cocktail
It’s worth thinking ahead with this cocktail and taking the time to make the sugar syrup – it’s ever so simple and does taste so much smoother.
Elegant, effortless summery cocktail
- 50ml Masons Lavender Gin
- 25ml sugar syrup or 2 tsp of caster sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- Prosecco or the traditional Champagne to top up
- If you are making your own sugar syrup - just add 2 cups of sugar to a pan with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil - stirring all the time to dissolve the sugar - once dissolved allow to cool. Bottle and store in the fridge.
- Mix together the gin, sugar syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker & give them a good shake.
- Pour into a Champagne flute and top up with icy cold Prosecco... we can't help but add a stem of Lavender to decorate.
Disclaimer – the drinks used in the recipe were provided free of charge from 31Dover.