French bread pizza is great for a midweek dinner or throwing together on a busy school night as it cooks in just 10 minutes. It’s fast becoming a fall back favourite here. Served alongside a couple of portions of vegetables and I’m happy.
I’ve topped these French bread pizzas with marinara sauce, thinly sliced cooked smoked pork sausage, red onions, shredded mozzarella and a squirt of BBQ sauce because it tastes so nice with the sausage.
Make it your way…
- Try our BBQ chicken and ham french bread pizzas.
- Go fishy with tuna, anchovies and black olives.
- Go veggie with jarred antipasti peppers, artichokes and courgettes.
- Go really cheesy with mozzarella, blue cheese and mature cheddar.
- Skip the marinara and opt for a layer of pesto with chicken or prawns.
- You might like our pitta pizza recipe here
Love your leftovers…
- Any leftovers taste fab cold next day – wrap in paper and pop them in your lunch box.
- 4 part baked petite pain (I like the DeliFrance ones)
- Small jar of marinara sauce
- Thinly sliced cooked smoked sausage (as much or as little as you fancy)
- half a small red onion sliced thinly
- 200g grated mozzarella
- BBQ sauce
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Cut the part baked baguettes in half and load up with toppings - marinara sauce, sliced smoked sausage, onions, mozzarella and a squirt of BBQ sauce.
- Bake in the oven for around 8-10 minutes until the bread is fully baked, toppings heated through and the cheese melting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1372mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 28g
Nutritional content will vary depending on the exact ingredients you use and how careful you are with measuring - this nutritional information is given as a general guide only and may not be accurate - you should always calculate your own nutritional information especially if you have specific dietary requirements.
Get loads more easy dinner recipes here
Get lots more delicious, healthy kid friendly recipes here
Browse all our meat recipes here
Browse our delicious recipes for pizza at home here
Get more quick and easy meals here
Get all our delicious sausage recipes here