French bread pizza is great for a midweek dinner or throwing together on a busy school night as it cooks in just 10 minutes. It’s fast becoming a fall back favourite here. Served alongside a couple of portions of vegetables and I’m happy.
I’ve topped these French bread pizzas with marinara sauce, thinly sliced cooked smoked pork sausage, red onions, shredded mozzarella and a squirt of BBQ sauce because it tastes so nice with the sausage.
Quick and really easy school night dinner.
- 4 part baked petite pain (I like the DeliFrance ones)
- Small jar of marinara sauce
- Thinly sliced cooked smoked sausage (as much or as little as you fancy)
- half a small red onion sliced thinly
- 200g grated mozzarella
- BBQ sauce
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Cut the part baked baguettes in half and load up with toppings - marinara sauce, sliced smoked sausage, onions, mozzarella and a squirt of BBQ sauce.
- Bake in the oven for around 8-10 minutes until the bread is fully baked, toppings heated through and the cheese melting.
Make it your way…
- Try our BBQ chicken and ham french bread pizzas.
- Go fishy with tuna, anchovies and black olives.
- Go veggie with jarred antipasti peppers, artichokes and courgettes.
- Go really cheesy with mozzarella, blue cheese and mature cheddar.
- Skip the marinara and opt for a layer of pesto with chicken or prawns.
Love your leftovers…
- Any leftovers taste fab cold next day – wrap in paper and pop them in your lunch box.