Liven up the kids breakfast time with our yummy little French toast stars with a side of ketchup.
These delicious egg dipped stars are sure to be a hit with your little one and they’re super simple to make.
Just whisk a couple of eggs, pour onto a plate and dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture. Fry in a little olive oil until golden brown. Once cooked cut out the star shapes using a cookie cutter and serve with ketchup for dipping.
Cute, quick and easy kids breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- olive oil for frying
- ketchup to serve
- Whisk the eggs and pour the eggy mixture onto a plate.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and coat both sides.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan then fry the bread on both sides until golden.
- Remove from the pan and use cookie cutters to cut out the star shapes.
- Serve with ketchup.
Make French bread stars your way
- ramp up the fibre content and choose a wholegrain bread
- serve with BBQ dip or drizzled in maple syrup
How to serve French bread stars
- Perfect for schooldays breakfast – add a glass of smoothie or fresh juice.
PS…. we think you might just LOVE this cereal sundae