American style pancakes are light, fluffy and super simple to make. Ideal for breakfast topped with fruit and just a little drizzle of maple syrup.
Just the nicest fluffy breakfast pancakes.
- 140g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 140ml milk
- butter to fry
- Mix up the pancake batter - add the flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Break in the egg and pour in around a 1/3 of the milk - stir slowly taking a little of the flour into the mix each time until you have a smooth thick batter - then slowly add the remainder of the milk until it’s all used up and the batter is smooth.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan, when it’s sizzling hot pour in a ladleful of pancake batter and leave the pan still until bubbles come to the surface, then flip the pancake and brown on the other side.
- Once cooked top with banana, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Make fruity breakfast pancakes your way
- top them with strawberries and raspberries
- add a sprinkling of chocolate.
How to serve fruity breakfast pancakes
- delicious for weekend brunch.