Send your kids out for a big beautiful garden bug hunt! You can grab our free bug hunt printable sheet below and get the kids outdoors on a mini beast adventure.
And if you’re out there anyway, you may as well throw together a garden picnic too and make the day even better.
The garden is a great place to get kids interested in wildlife, even tiny gardens will be packed with bugs for kids to discover and learn about.
Bug hunt equipment
- Printable bug hunt checklist (print it here)
- Pencil for ticking off the bug finds
- Magnifying glass – because kids love a closer look
- Picnic lunch
For more buggy ideas and activities – head on over to….
- Make a Bug Hotel with Buzymum
- Make a Bird and Insect Mobile with Someone’s Mum
- Stay Wild Bug Hunt with Living Life Our Way
- Make Creepy Crawly Cupcakes with The Gingerbread Mum
- Make Paper Butterflies with Surviving Life’s Hurdles
- Build a Bug House with Emma Reed
- Incy Wincy Spider activities from Sophie’s Nursery Blog
- Bug Safari Review from The Mum Diaries